It’s been a good couple of weeks for Iñupiaq platformer Never Alone. Not only was the game welcomed with open arms (and glowing review scores) on PC, PS4 and Xbox One but the game has also made history, quite literally being the first game of its kind. Deserved success doesn’t a perfect game make though and Never Alone does have a few coding kinks to iron out. This is what developer Upper One Games is now dealing with in the game’s latest update and they’ve now announced a Never Alone Mac release date too. Find out more after the break.
Never Alone Update v1.2
In the latest Never Alone update, most of the fixes that it brings affect AI though it also includes a new feature too. The highlights from update v1.2 are as follows:
- More accurate bola throws (the bola is the spinny thing in the above image), as the throw is now aimed at where Nuna’s arm is pointing
- The blizzard gusts in Never Alone‘s first few levels are “less punishing”
- AI will no longer accidentally run off a ledge if the controlled character performs a “ledge brink”
- In single-player mode, the companion character will now more closely follow the player during dangerous situations
- If you don’t move (as either Nuna or Fox) for a few seconds, the game will glow and highlight whichever character you’re controlling, as a handy reminder
The update is live for PC players now (read the rest of the patch notes here) while those who are playing Never Alone on PS4 and Xbox One will have to wait a couple of weeks but the console version will also bring further improvements, says the developer.
Never Alone Comes to Mac in 2015
As for a Mac release, the dev is keen to bring Never Alone to Apple’s platform too. This is the official word:
“We’re thrilled to announce that the answer is yes! Never Alone will be available via Steam on the Mac in early 2015. We can’t wait to share the story of Nuna and Fox with an even wider audience.”
Sadly they aren’t providing something more than “early 2015” which could really be anywhere between January and March. I’ll keep you posted once they announce a specific date.