Things have been rather busy for The Sims 4 lately. The game has already added Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, and Luxury Party Stuff as optional DLC and next week it will introduce the Perfect Patio Stuff pack too. Understandably, some housekeeping will need to be done to nix the bugs that that DLC has produced and to prepare the game for all of that upcoming content as well.
On top of that, the Sims 4 development team has been fending off complaints from fans who argue that there just isn’t enough space in the game. So to address those aforementioned bugs and to give the fans what they want, The Sims 4 has received a brand new patch including bug fixes and a brand new world called Newcrest.
Sims 4 Patch (June 11, 2015)
The most substantial addition in this patch (Sims 4 version 126.96.36.1990 on PC / 188.8.131.520 on Mac) is the new world of Newcrest. Newcrest contains three giant new neighbourhoods, each with five different lots for you to house your Sims or set up businesses for them. EA is encouraging players to look through the gallery and search with the #BuildNewcrest hashtag as some other fans have already made some Newcrest-suitable lots for you to place right in your game.
The other major features of fixes in this patch are listed below (you can also visit the Sims 4 patch tag to find out more about past game updates):
- This Sims 4 update brings back the Welcome Wagon, so that whenever any of your Sims move into a new lot, their new neighbours will show up at their door to welcome them and say hello.
- Sims 4 Build Mode now has a custom room tool that allows you to draw your own room shapes.
- The Reagnomper gnome is now in the Build catalogue.
- The game’s tutorials have been completely overhauled and the introductory tutorials now provide “context as to the mode or lesson being taught, and allow you to skip a portion of the tutorial that you may already be familiar with.”
- (Get to Work) The issue that was preventing mannequin outfits from being saved (causing the mannequin to display a different outfit instead) has been fixed.
- (Luxury Party Stuff) Fruit Punch Fountain “will now appear charred when charred”.
- Your Sims’ candles will no longer go out if they haven’t paid the bills.
- The issue that was corrupting save files when players tried to share them with one another, has also been fixed.
- And finally, my two favourite patch notes: “using the “Enchanting Introduction” while running on a treadmill will no longer cause the Sim to sink into the treadmill.”
- and…”Hungry Ghosts will no longer be informed that they might drown while they are swimming”.
This Sims 4 patch is a 521.75 MB download. EA recommends that you uninstall all Sims 4 mods before you attempt to install the patch.