Earlier this week, Riot Games unveiled Tahm Kench, The River King as the new League of Legends champion. We’d already gotten a teaser video and patch 5.11 also allowed us to hear his maniacal laugh (by standing near the river and typing /laugh into the chat box) but this was our first official meeting of the slimy new character.
Riot says that Tahm Kench works best as a tanky support champion as his ulti (Abyssal Voyage) allows him to get both he and his lane partner out of tricky situations and he also has a pretty powerful stun/slowing attack too. Understandably, everybody wants to get a chance to play as him and now they can as he’s just been added to the League of Legends PBE (Public Beta Environment). Find out more (and see the first Tahm Kench skin) after the break.
Tahm Kench on PBE; Master Chef Tahm Kench Skin Revealed
So, if you do have access to the League of Legends PBE, you will now be available to play as Tahm Kench and help Riot get him ready for his full live release. You’ll also be able to see hear his many interactions, as RiotUtora revealed that Tahm Kench has 46 ally specific taunts, 46 enemy specific taunts, and he will even comment on an enemy’s taste after he Devours and then spits them out.
Some changes have already taken place on the PBE, which should hopefully mean that Tahm Kench won’t be as overpowered as we initially feared once he’s released on the live servers. Check out his updated stats below:
- Base HP increased to 610 from 590
- HP growth increased to 95 from 90
- Tongue Lash (Q) damage reduced to 80/115/150/185/220 (+.7 AP) from 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.8 AP)
- Devour (W) enemy champion devour damage lowered to 20/23/26/29/32 (+.02 AP)% from 20/24/28/32/36 (+.04 AP)%
- Devour (W) now lists maximum damage against neutral monsters at 300/350/400/450/500
- Thick Skin (E) cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
- Abyssal Voyage (R) additional magic damage to basic attacks and spells reduced to (10 + 4/5/6% of bonus HP) from (10 + 6/7/8%)
Also available on the PBE is the Master Chef Tahm Kench skin, which costs 975 RP. You can see it in the splash screen above, though it appears to be a lot more orange in-game.
Riot has not yet announced the Tahm Kench release date for the live servers, but we will keep you posted once we know more.