It’s been a tumultuous time for Sims 4 fans as of late as good news such as the release of the Perfect Patio Stuff pack have been offset by things like rumours of Sims 4 microtransactions and the reveal that hot tubs (introduced in Perfect Patio Stuff) will only ever be available if you buy that DLC.
We wouldn’t blame you for being wary about what EA and The Sims 4 development team are up to then, but today we have good news from the House of Sims. A brand new update has been released giving builders new features to play with, along with plenty of bug fixes and a few improvements to the Gallery too. Find out more after the break.
Sims 4 Patch (July 9, 2015)
This Sims 4 patch is Version 184.108.40.2060 (PC) / 220.127.116.110 (Mac), and while it’s not as substantial as June’s update, which added three new neighbourhoods, it is still notable for its new build mode features.
These new features include: ‘not full walls’ which are various sizes of walls that you can build with (find them listed as ‘half walls’ in the ‘Walls and Empty Rooms’ menu as the developer didn’t get a chance to change the name), new types of doors (including King’s and Queen’s, which only let men or women pass through them, respectively), and there are six new wall decals too (four arrows, and the signs for male and female).
The other major features from patch 18.104.22.1680 / 22.214.171.1240 are listed below. (You can also visit The Sims 4 patch tag for more information on previous game updates.)
- You can now lock doors by clicking on the door, selecting ‘Lock Door For’ and choosing which Sims are locked out.
- There are new sorting categories in the Gallery, including: size, room type, lot type, and the number of Sims.
- Over 25 new lots have been added to the Gallery, and can be found in the ‘My Library’ tab. These include a libraries, parks, residential and lounge-related lots.
- The cas.fulleditmode cheat no longer allows pregnant Sims to switch their age or gender.
- The dev team has fixed an issue where a Sim’s facial features would ‘incorrectly’ modify if you’d randomised them from the Gallery and then changed their age.
- Burned stereos no longer (visually) act like they are still functional.
- If you’re playing The Sims 4 with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, the game will remember it even if you switch between windowed/fullscreen views.
- On Mac, pressing ‘B’ will allow you to select the wall tool, not the basement tool.
- (Outdoor Retreat) you can no longer move a household to Granite Falls any more as that will corrupt every Sims 4 save file on your computer.
- (Outdoor Retreat) if your Sims got dirty on vacation, they will no longer look as though they are still dirty even after (they took a shower or a bath.
- (Get to Work) An issue has been fixed that prevented you from hiring a new Sim if a former employee died on the job.
- (Perfect Patio) when you search for hot tubs, they should show up.
- (Perfect Patio) hot tubs now provide fun for your Sims.
This Sims 4 update is 315.62MB, EA recommends that you uninstall all Sims 4 mods before you install the patch.