With E3 2015 done and dusted, it’s time to turn our attention to Gamescom. Taking place annually in Germany, Gamescom is the world’s largest gaming event and it gives European developers and publishers to get the word out about their games on home soil.
Attending the event is Headup Games, who were named the Best German Publisher in 2012 and 2013 by the German Developers Association. They’ll be showcasing their ‘biggest’ Gamescom lineup ever so read on after the break to find out more.
Headup Games’ Gamescom Lineup
Gamescom 2015 begins on Wednesday, August 5. If you’re attending the show, Headup Games will be at Hall 2.1, Booth C30 and some of their games will also be presented at the Indie Arena (Hall 10.1, Booth A50/B51).
- In Between: Announced last month for PC, PS4, Xbox One and mobile devices, In Between stars a cancer patient who uses physics to get around a world that is not quite reality and not quite fiction either. We’ll be able to manipulate our shrouding’s, mess with gravity and take on some challenging puzzles.
- Devils & Demons: Originally released on mobile devices, Devils & Demons is a tactical RPG in which players have to put together a band of heroes to save the world. Headup Games will be publishing the PC version.
- Nightbanes: This one’s easy enough to explain; it’s a digital card game. If you’re into Hearthstone then you’ll like Nightbanes, as it’s just like Blizzard’s popular title, but spookier.
- Onikira: Plenty were disappointed when Onikira: Demon Killer was delayed last week, but hopefully Headup Games’ Gamescom presence should give players another chance to get their hands on the beat ’em up ahead of release. We may get a new release date too.
- Trapped Dead: Lockdown: Released earlier on PC earlier the year, Trapped Dead: Lockdown is typical, top down zombie slashing fare. It’s also headed to PS4 and Xbox One, so Headup Games will be using Gamescom to promote the console versions of the game.
- Rockfest: Headup Games hasn’t talked about Rockfest much, but we do know that the game is a rock festival simulator that’s headed to mobile platforms. Screenshots (here’s one) suggest that the game is basically Rollercoaster Tycoon but with less rides and more mosh pits, but hopefully Gamescom will give us a better look.
Headup Games will also show: Solar Shifter Ex, Bridge Constructor, Bridge Constructor: Stunts, Treasure Arena, Panzer Party, Arson & Plunder Unleashed, Windscape, Typoman, Smash ‘n’ Bash, Dub Dash, and Tyles.