Although the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode kicked off with Jesse and co. attending EnderCon only for it to end in disaster, developer Telltale Games has still managed to ramp up the drama in the episodes that followed. Jesse and their fellow Minecraft players certainly haven’t had it easy as they embarked on a quest to find the legendary Order of the Stone.
Fans will soon get to play through more of Story Mode‘s story, though, as Minecraft: Story Mode episode four will be out next week and Telltale has released a new trailer. Moreover, Mojang has also just released the “biggest update ever” for Minecraft on consoles so find out more about that after the break.
Minecraft: Story Mode Episode Four – “A Block and a Hard Place”
With the first season of Minecraft: Story Mode nearly at a close, Telltale is keeping their cards close to their chest with this one and an official synopsis hasn’t been released. What the developer does say, however, is that Minecraft: Story Mode episode four includes the “cutest mobs in the game” and a “journey to a distant land” which is described in the trailer as being a “monument to chaos”.
Minecraft: Story Mode episode four will be available on December 22 PC, Mac, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS and Android. Unfortunately, the final episode, episode five, won’t be released until January, which is quite unfortunate for those set to get the Minecraft: Story Mode season pass disc for Christmas as they’ll only be getting 80% of the game. Nonetheless, we’ll keep you posted once Telltale reveals more info.
Minecraft 1.8.8 Update is the “Biggest Update Ever”
As for the normal version of Minecraft, Mojang is bringing a “staggering amount of features” to the console versions of the game. While the update won’t be able on PS Vita for a few days and the Wii U will get the update next year, those on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One will be able to enjoy the “biggest update ever”, bringing the console versions more in line with the PC build.
The full patch notes are available on the Mojang blog, but some highlights are below:
- Treasure can now be caught while fishing. There are a lot of cool things to find!
- Enchanting now consumes Lapis Lazuli, and enchanting books can receive multiple enchants at once.
- Villagers now have additional professions, and will harvest crops and breed. To encourage that kind of behaviour, give them 3 bread, 12 carrots, or 1 potato. They’ll also turn into Witches when struck by lightning.
- Now any rectangular shape from 4×5 to 23×23 will work as a Nether Portal. Ghasts can travel through them too.
- Moss Stone, Mossy Stone Bricks and Chiseled Stone Bricks are now obtainable via crafting.
- You can now use a furnace to create Cracked Stone Bricks and Sponge.
- Buttons can now be placed on the top and bottom of blocks.
- Creepers can now be ignited with Flint and Steel.
- Plains Biomes now generate Azure Bluets, Oxeye Daises, Tulips, and Double Tall Grass.
- Ocean Monuments now feature.
Have you been waiting a while for this Minecraft console update? Are you excited to play Minecraft: Story Mode episode four? Leave a comment and let us know.