Although it feels like we’ve all been playing The Sims games forever, the series has only been around for 16 years. Since The Sims released on February 4, 2000, we’ve seen countless spin-offs (such as The Urbz: Sims in the City) and we’ve played tons of game packs, stuff packs and expansions (such as recent release The Sims 4 Get Together).
In order to celebrate the series’ long and celebrated history, a new Sims 4 patch is adding several bits of anniversary content to the game for free. Longstanding fans should recognise some old favourite features, while those who are new to the franchise will just be glad to get their hands on some excellent freebies. Find out more after the break.
The Sims 4 Patch PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060
The latest Sims 4 patch is PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680, and it should download automatically once you open up EA’s Origin client. Though, please note that installing the patch will automatically uninstall any mods.
The biggest throwback introduced as part of this 16th anniversary content drop is the Grilled Cheese Aspiration. Unlocked by eating a few grilled cheese sandwiches, finishing the aspiration unlocks the Melt Master trait which in turn allows that Sim to paint grilled cheese sandwiches, summon grilled cheese sandwiches (“but with a thought”), and unlock the ability to “evangelize” about grilled cheese sandwiches too.
Also reintroduced is the Kleptomaniac Trait, which is now selectable during Create A Sim. With the trait, your Sims 4 characters will be able to steal items (“but be careful to do so alone”) and you can also sell or return the items if you end up with a guilty conscious. Other throwback features added in the 16th anniversary patch include a painting of the Tragic Clown (it’s available in the Build catalogue and makes Sims sad if they look at it), and a special 16th anniversary print (search “Let there be Plumbobs!” in the Build catalogue)
Other highlights from The Sims 4 22.214.171.1240 / 126.96.36.1990 patch are detailed below – check out our Sims 4 patch tag for previous patch notes:
- Characters can now hire a gardener via the ‘Service’ option in the phone menu. (Sims can also ‘Ask for Gardening Advice’ and ‘Discuss Gardening Techniques’)
- New icons make it easier to identify between developer made content and modded content.
- Following a previous patch which added the ‘Treat’ Halloween Challenge reward content, ‘Trick’ content is now available, including the Boneyard, Buyer Beware, and Stoar the Bearded Trickster Door.
- An issue that was causing Sims to react as if food was spicy was been fixed.
- Screenshots, gallery uploads and achievements can be shared directly on Twitter.
- Sims will no longer be unable to leave the hot tub after “autonomously WooHooing”
- An issue that caused wedding cake and plates to disappear during the ‘Share Wedding Cake’ interaction has been fixed.
Have you come across any unusual Sims 4 bugs and glitches? Which Sims game is your favourite out of the entire series? Leave a comment and let us know.