The most recently released League of Legends update, patch 6.3, was a big one. As players of the hugely popular MOBA prepared for Valentine’s Day, Riot Games helped everyone celebrated by releasing the Heartseeker Orianna and Sweetheart Sona skins, along with a new ward skin and a new summoner icon.
Admittedly, patch 6.4 has far less to write home about but its new skins and balance changes should be welcomed as Riot works on the game’s bigger, upcoming features. The developer has now announced when we can expect this update to land and you can find out the League of Legends patch 6.4 release date after the break.
League of Legends Patch 6.4 Release Date
Riot Games has announced that League of Legends patch 6.4 will be released on February 25, 2016. The North American server maintenance notice for the patch is below:
“On 02/25/16, starting at, 01:30 Pacific Time (09:30 UTC), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 6.4. At 03:00 Pacific time (11:00 UTC), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 3 hours.”
The EUW servers and the EUNE servers will both will go down at 2:00AM UTC (2:00AM UK time, 3:00AM CET).
With this patch, Riot is adding several bits of Blood Moon content. Patch 6.4 introduces the Blood Moon Yasuo and Blood Moon Kennen skins which both cost 975 RP – their pre-release skin spotlights can be found at the following links. (Kennen, Yasuo). Additionally, there are three new Blood Moon summoner icons – one for Blood Moon Yasuo/Kennen, along with this icon of the Blood Moon Seal.
Other changes expected in League of Legends patch 6.4 are listed below:
- The Return of the ZZ’Rot Portal: In a separate service status message, Riot explains that “we’ve temporarily disabled ZZ’Rot Portal due to an in-game bug and are working on fixing the problem” and that “it will be disabled until the 6.4 patch”.
- Dominion Mode Icon: As we recently discussed on the site, Riot has (controversially) removed the Dominion game mode for good. Though, anyone who notched 100 wins in the mode before February 10 will receive this icon.
- Lore Updates: Diana, Leona and Pantheon have all gotten shortened in-client lore changes, so if you’re fans of the Mount Targon champions, take a look at those details once the patch hits.
- Jhin Buff: New champion Jhin, The Virtuoso gets a few buffs in patch 6.4 including his HP regen per second (increased to 1.2 from 1.1), HP regen per second growth (increased to .11 from .1) and movement speed (increased to 330 from 325).
- Gangplank Nerf: Everyone’s favourite pirate gets a handful of nerfs including gold plundered from Parrrley (decreased to 2/3/4/5/6 from 4/5/6/7/8), he can now only store three barrels (his ult, Cannon Barrage, no longer increases this number either) and the barrel recharge cooldown has been increased to 20/18/16/14/12 from 18/17/16/15/14.
- Fiora Nerf: Also getting a slight nerf in patch 6.4 is Fiora whose Riposte gets an increased cooldown (24/22/20/18/16 from 19/18/17/16/15), while Bladework’s cooldown has been lowered to 13/11/9/7/5 from15/13/11/9/7 but cooldown begins when Fiora has attacked twice or until the buff has fallen off.
As mentioned, patch 6.4 seems a lot smaller than previous patches but this is likely because Riot is gearing up for some big changes to the game soon. Riot previously announced the Hextech Crafting and loot system and as that has been in testing for quite some time, the suggestion is that Riot plans to launch that in League of Legends patch 6.5 We’ll keep you posted.