When it comes to new League of Legends champion skins, Riot Games has been absolutely knocking it out of the park. Notable new skin additions include the April Fools Day 2016 skins introduced in patch 6.6 and the Beast Hunter skins that were introduced in patch 6.2.
Patch 6.7 introduces yet another set of skins and this time, they’re all rather robotic. Also on the cards are new summoner icons and various new balance changes as well. Find out more about the update and check out the League of Legends patch 6.7 release date after the break.
League of Legends Patch 6.7 Release Date
Riot Games has announced that the League of Legends patch 6.7 release date is April 6, 2016. The North American server maintenance notice for the update is below:
“On 04/06/16, starting at, 01:30 Pacific Time (08:30 UTC), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 6.7. At 03:00 Pacific time (10:00 UTC), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 3 hours.”
The EUW servers will be shut down at 5:00 AM (UK time) while the EUNE servers will be shut down at 3:00AM CEST.
Three new champion skins are introduced in League of Legends patch 6.7: Mecha Zero Sion, Program Lissandra and Program Soraka. Mecha Zero Sion is the priciest at 1820 RP while the Program Lissandra and Program Soraka skins cost 1350 RP each. The splash art for all three skins are dotted about this post, but you can also check out the skin spotlight videos for the skins here – Sion, Lissandra, Soraka.
- Mecha Zero Ward Skin: There’s a Mecha Zero skin for wards too, it costs 640 RP and you can see it in action here.
- New Summoner Icons: There are also Mecha Zero summoner icons as well, which you can see here. Additionally, summoner icons for MSI 2016 will be added with League of Legends patch 6.7 (icons for the event and for the regions taking part). You can also go here for info on what MSI 2016 begins.
- Aurelion Sol Nerf: Newly released champion Aurelion Sol gets a nerf with patch 6.7 as the stun duration from Starsurge (Q) has been decreased to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2, while the slow from Voice of Light (R) has been decreased to 40/50/60% from 60/70/80% and it also slows for 2 seconds instead of decaying over 4 seconds.
- Jhin Changes: Another new face to get some changes is sharpshooter Jhin, with the mana cost of Dancing Grenade (Q) increased to 40/45/50/55/60 from 30/35/40/45/50 and its damage has been reduced to 50/75/100/125/150 from 60/85/110/135/160. The mana cost of Captive Audience (E), meanwhile, is now 30/35/40/45/50 from 40/45/50/55/60.
- Poppy Changes: Poppy’s changes in League of Legends patch 6.7 are mostly nerfs as Iron Ambassador (passive) now has a bonus range of 300 down from 400 and the damage from Hammer Shock (Q) is 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/65/90/115/140 (though its maximum health damage is up to 7% from 6%). The range of Heroic Charge (E) has been reduced to 425 down from 525.
- Zed Nerf: Also being nerfed in patch 6.7 is Zed as the cooldown for Living Shadow (W)has been increased to 22/20/18/16/14 from 18/17/16/15/14 and its bonus attack damage is down to 4/8/12/16/20 from 5/10/15/20/25.
(This is not the full list of balance changes to champions in patch 6.7)
What do you think of the new content in League of Legends patch 6.7? Which champions would you like new skins for? Leave a comment and let us know.