Earlier this month, The Sims 4 development team began to tease the game’s upcoming DLC, promising that an announcement would be made soon. Naturally, The Sims 4 players were incredibly excited as there had essentially been radio silence regarding the game’s future stuff, game and expansion packs and fans were eager to hear the developer’s future plans.
Now, The Sims 4 team has made good on that promise by revealing what sort of content will be going on sale in the next few months. Moreover, a new Sims 4 patch has been released, bringing back the iconic (albeit upsetting) Sims character, the Tragic Clown. Find out more after the break.
The Sims 4 seasonal preview trailer via TheSims
The Sims 4 Tragic Clown Patch + New DLC Packs
In the incredible short “seasonal preview” trailer that you can see above, it has been confirmed that The Sims 4 will get a new, food-themed game pack in spring 2016, as previously rumoured. Additionally, the video confirms that a child-themed stuff pack will also be available to The Sims 4 players in summer 2016. The official names of the content packs have yet to be revealed.
As for Sims 4 content that we can actually get our hands on right now, a new patch (PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680) is now live and it brings back the Tragic Clown. The character, which will be familiar to longstanding fans of the Sims series, makes nearby Sims sad and can be found wandering about the world or players can summon them by looking at the Tragic Clown Painting. Also, the Tragic Clown outfit is now available in Create a Sim.
Other highlights from the patch notes are listed below – you can also check out previous patch notes by looking at our Sims 4 patch tag.
- With this patch, the Spring Challenge ends and NPC Jasmine Holiday has been removed from the game.
- Custom music now plays “as expected” on all venue speakers.
- Full face makeup worn by Sims going into the Painter and Tech Guru careers no longer causes “temporary facial discoloration.”
- With the Mac version of The Sims 4, “having more than 2001 mods installed will no longer hinder your ability to connect to the Gallery.”
- And finally, “Sims should no longer sit down at a pool when asked to put food away in the fridge.”
Is the Tragic Clown one of your favourite Sims characters? Are you looking forward to the new Sims 4 game and stuff packs? Leave a comment and let us know.