In League of Legends patch 6.9 which was released earlier today, Riot Games is giving many of the game’s existing mage characters (e.g Vladimir, Brand and Zyra) an update. However, in addition to these mid-season mage tweaks, Riot will soon introduce a brand new mage character altogether.
The brand new League of Legends champion is Taliyah, The Stoneweaver, who is described by Riot as a control mage. Taliyah follows dragon-like champion Aurelion Sol as a new addition to the game’s ever-expanding champion roster, and you can find out more about her abilities and her release skin after the break.
New League of Legends Champion – Taliyah, The Stoneweaver
In Riot’s official blurb for the champion, the developer explains that “Taliyah’s earth-shattering powers have always set her apart from the crowd” and that she “weaves the ground beneath her into a deadly weapon. Moreover, “when she sets her sights on a destination, the world itself shifts to get her there.” Below you can find a list of Taliyah’s abilities.
- Passive: Rock Surfing – When Taliyah’s out of combat, travelling near walls builds up her movement speed.
- Q: Threaded Volley – The active side of Taliyah’s Q sees her rip up the ground around her (turning it into ‘worked ground’) and fire five shards of stone in a target direction – casting Threaded Volley again over the worked ground “will yield just one rock projectile.” Its passive side, meanwhile, offers Taliyah increased movement speed when “traversing worked ground.”
- W: Seismic Shove – Taliyah’s W allows her to mark the ground, with the ground then erupting and knocking up/damaging all enemies hit by it. Riot also says that Taliyah can recast the ability before it erupts in order to “throw the victims in any targeted direction—even over walls.”
- E: Unraveled Earth – With her E ability, Taliyah scatters boulders on the ground and those who “dash through the fractured earth” will take damage from an explosion. Moreover, after a few seconds those boulders will explode and deal “a second wave of damage.”
- R: Weaver’s Wall – Taliyah’s ult sees her summon “a massive wall of spiraling rock that tears through the Rift in a target direction.” Taliyah can reactivate the ability while channelling it to ride the wall – though “taking damage or inputting a move command in any direction will cut her ride short.”
Freljord Taliyah Skin Spotlight via SkinSpotlights
Also, Taliyah’s release skin is Freljord Taliyah, which you can see in the pre-release preview video above. Prices are subject to change before it goes live, but its current price is 1350 RP.
What do you think of Taliyah and her abilities? Are you excited to play as her? Leave a comment and let us know.