We live in treacherous times. There’s no money in the bank for most, no food in the cupboards for some and for a good few of us, the Internet is being slow!
That last one’s a horrible beast.
Cold, hungry, or enraged by poor bandwidth, you should always set aside some *me* time ; indulge in a light spot of reading, or perhaps try and win some free stuff just because you can. Especially on a Monday, the only average day of the week that is directly on par with Doomsday.
Below is a round-up of gaming-related links that will hopefully put a smile on your face, make you laugh or give you something to think about on this Winter’s morn. Enjoy.
- Win an Xbox 360, game vouchers and some premium class headphones courtesy of Rockstar & Max Payne 3
- ‘Children playing video games : a sign of neglect?’ asks @RocketMinx, a point that will hopefully quieten a few of the gaming cynics.
- As well as running this little ship (the S.S JSX, woo!), I am also a writer for grouvee, a fabulous video game site (me? Biased? Never!), here are some words I done wrote about SOPA (this bit of news also doubles as a excellent rebuttal against supporters of the bill, fyi).
- Ever wondered what Skyrim would look like given a touch of modern paint? Wonder no more dear reader! YouTube user GroBroPros has uploaded an ingenious video depicting what the game would look like should Bethesda choose to drop the Nordic feel with a sequel. Click here to see it.
- The lovely folks at the Official PlayStation Magazine (@OPM_UK) have got a timetable of every single 2012 PS3 release, which will be constantly updated if a new game is announced/a release date is change. I’d bookmark that one if I were you.
BONUS : to keep you entertained until next time, have a go at the browser version of Cut The Rope. It’s fun, it will kill time and unlike the iPhone/iPod Touch version, it’s free!
Scroll down to find out how to subscribe to JSX so that you will never have to miss a post again.