Bob Burns is a prominent figure in the entertainment industry, known for his remarkable talent as a drummer and his contributions to the rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd. Born on November 24, 1950, in Jacksonville, Florida, Bob Burns was an integral part of the band during its early years, helping to shape their unique Southern rock sound. With a successful career spanning several decades, Burns has undoubtedly amassed a considerable net worth. In this article, we will delve into Bob Burns’ net worth, as well as five interesting facts about the musician.
Bob Burns’ net worth is estimated to be around $3 million. This impressive figure can be attributed to his successful music career, which saw him achieve great heights with Lynyrd Skynyrd. The band gained immense popularity in the 1970s, with hits like “Sweet Home Alabama” and “Free Bird” becoming iconic anthems of the era. As a founding member and the original drummer of the group, Burns played a crucial role in shaping their sound and contributing to their success.
Now, let’s explore five intriguing facts about Bob Burns:
1. A pivotal role in the creation of Lynyrd Skynyrd: Bob Burns was one of the founding members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, along with Ronnie Van Zant, Gary Rossington, Allen Collins, and Larry Junstrom. The band’s formation in 1964 laid the foundation for their eventual rise to fame.
2. The origin of the band’s name: Lynyrd Skynyrd’s name was inspired by their high school gym teacher, Leonard Skinner. The band deliberately misspelled his name in an act of rebellion against the strict dress code enforced by the teacher, who did not allow long hair.
3. Departure from Lynyrd Skynyrd: Burns left Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1974, after the release of their first three albums. His departure was due to personal reasons, including a desire to spend more time with his family. However, he continued to pursue his passion for music, collaborating with other artists and bands.
4. Reunion with Lynyrd Skynyrd: In a heartwarming turn of events, Bob Burns reunited with Lynyrd Skynyrd in 2006 for the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This reunion marked a significant moment in the band’s history and showcased the enduring bond between its members.
5. Tragic passing: Sadly, Bob Burns’ life was cut short on April 3, 2015, when he was involved in a car accident near Cartersville, Georgia. His passing deeply saddened the music community, and his legacy continues to be celebrated through his contributions to Lynyrd Skynyrd’s iconic sound.
Now, let’s address some common questions about Bob Burns:
Q1. What was Bob Burns’ height and weight?
A1. Unfortunately, information regarding Bob Burns’ height and weight is not readily available.
Q2. Did Bob Burns have a spouse?
A2. Yes, Bob Burns was married. However, specific details about his spouse are not widely known.
Q3. How old was Bob Burns when he left Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A3. Bob Burns left Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1974, making him 24 years old at the time.
Q4. Did Bob Burns pursue a solo career after leaving Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A4. While Bob Burns did collaborate with other artists and bands, he did not embark on a solo career after leaving Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Q5. What other bands did Bob Burns collaborate with?
A5. After leaving Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Burns collaborated with bands such as The Rossington Collins Band and The Artimus Pyle Band.
Q6. How many albums did Bob Burns record with Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A6. Bob Burns recorded three albums with Lynyrd Skynyrd: “Pronounced ‘Lĕh-‘nérd ‘Skin-‘nérd,” “Second Helping,” and “Nuthin’ Fancy.”
Q7. Were there any posthumous releases featuring Bob Burns’ drumming?
A7. Yes, after his passing, Lynyrd Skynyrd released a live album titled “Sweet Home Alabama Live at Rockpalast,” featuring Bob Burns’ drumming.
Q8. Did Bob Burns receive any awards for his contributions to music?
A8. While Bob Burns did not personally receive any awards, Lynyrd Skynyrd was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006.
Q9. Did Bob Burns write any songs for Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A9. While he did not write any songs for the band, Bob Burns played an essential role in creating the distinctive sound and rhythm of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Q10. Did Bob Burns have any children?
A10. Information about Bob Burns’ children is not widely available.
Q11. Did Bob Burns continue playing drums after leaving Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A11. Yes, Bob Burns continued to play the drums and collaborate with other artists and bands throughout his career.
Q12. How did Bob Burns’ passing impact Lynyrd Skynyrd?
A12. Bob Burns’ passing deeply saddened Lynyrd Skynyrd and the entire music community. It served as a reminder of his significant contributions to the band’s success.
Q13. Are there any documentaries or biographies about Bob Burns?
A13. As of now, there are no widely known documentaries or biographies solely dedicated to Bob Burns. However, his life and contributions are often covered in documentaries about Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Q14. What was Bob Burns’ cause of death?
A14. Bob Burns passed away in a car accident near Cartersville, Georgia, on April 3, 2015. The exact details regarding the cause of the accident are not widely known.
In conclusion, Bob Burns’ net worth is estimated to be around $3 million, reflecting his successful music career with Lynyrd Skynyrd. As a founding member and the original drummer of the band, Burns played an instrumental role in shaping their sound and contributing to their rise to fame. Despite his departure from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Burns continued to pursue his passion for music, collaborating with other artists and bands. His tragic passing in 2015 left a void in the music community, but his legacy lives on through his contributions to Lynyrd Skynyrd’s timeless music.