Call of Duty: World at War Easter Eggs and 6 Interesting Facts
Call of Duty: World at War is a highly popular first-person shooter game that takes players back to the intense battles of World War II. Beyond the intense action and gripping storyline, this game is also known for its hidden Easter eggs, which add an extra layer of excitement and mystery for players to discover. In this article, we will explore some of the most fascinating Easter eggs in Call of Duty: World at War, along with six interesting facts about the game.
Easter Eggs in Call of Duty: World at War:
1. “Nacht der Untoten” Musical Easter Egg: In the first Zombies map, players can activate a hidden musical Easter egg. By finding three hidden radios and interacting with them in a specific order, players can unlock a hidden track called “Lullaby for a Dead Man.”
2. Hidden Radios: Speaking of radios, throughout the campaign mode, players can find hidden radios that play various propaganda speeches and songs from the time period. These radios provide an immersive experience and offer players a glimpse into the historical context of the game.
3. “Verrückt” Wunderwaffe DG-2: In the “Verrückt” Zombies map, players can unlock a powerful weapon called the Wunderwaffe DG-2. By using the teleporter and activating a hidden switch, players can access this devastating weapon that shoots electric blasts.
4. “Shi No Numa” Hanging Man Easter Egg: In the “Shi No Numa” Zombies map, players can find a gruesome Easter egg. By looking up in the main hut, players can spot a hanging corpse swinging from the rafters, adding a chilling element to the gameplay.
5. Hidden Perks: Throughout the Zombies mode, players can discover hidden perks that provide useful abilities. From increased health regeneration to faster reload times, these perks can significantly enhance a player’s chances of survival.
6. Hidden Rooms: In various multiplayer maps, players can find hidden rooms that offer unique vantage points or access to powerful weapons. These secret areas often require players to solve puzzles or find hidden switches, adding an extra layer of challenge and excitement to the gameplay.
Interesting Facts about Call of Duty: World at War:
1. Development: Call of Duty: World at War was developed by Treyarch and released in 2008. It was the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series and the first to introduce the famous Zombies mode.
2. Realistic Environments: The game’s developers went to great lengths to create authentic World War II environments. They used actual photos and blueprints from the era to accurately recreate the settings, making the game visually stunning and historically accurate.
3. Historical Accuracy: Call of Duty: World at War aimed for historical accuracy by including real-life events and battles. Players can fight in iconic locations like Stalingrad, Peleliu, and Berlin, immersing themselves in the intensity of World War II.
4. Voice Acting: Notable actors lent their voices to the game’s characters, adding to the overall immersive experience. The cast includes Gary Oldman, Kiefer Sutherland, and Elena Satine, among others.
5. Gore and Realism: Call of Duty: World at War was one of the first games in the series to introduce a more realistic and gory approach to combat. It pushed the boundaries of realism, showcasing the horrors of war in a way that had not been seen before in the franchise.
6. Critical and Commercial Success: The game was both a critical and commercial success, receiving positive reviews for its gameplay, graphics, and multiplayer modes. It sold over 11 million copies worldwide, solidifying its place as one of the best-selling video games of all time.
Now, let’s move on to some common questions players may have about Call of Duty: World at War:
1. Can I play Call of Duty: World at War on current-gen consoles?
Yes, the game is backward compatible on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5.
2. Is the Zombies mode available in the remastered version of the game?
No, the remastered version only includes the campaign and multiplayer modes.
3. Can I play the game on PC?
Yes, Call of Duty: World at War is available for PC players.
4. Are there any hidden achievements or trophies related to Easter eggs?
Yes, there are several hidden achievements and trophies that can be unlocked by finding and completing Easter eggs.
5. Can I play co-op in the campaign mode?
Yes, you can play the campaign mode with a friend in split-screen or online co-op.
6. Are there any cheat codes in the game?
No, Call of Duty: World at War does not have cheat codes, but players can unlock various achievements and perks through gameplay.
7. Can I customize my character in multiplayer mode?
Yes, you can customize your character’s appearance and loadout in the multiplayer mode.
8. Are there any hidden weapons in the campaign mode?
Yes, there are hidden weapons scattered throughout the campaign mode that can be found and utilized.
9. Can I play the Zombies mode solo?
Yes, the Zombies mode can be played solo or with friends.
10. Can I unlock additional maps for Zombies mode?
Yes, DLC packs were released that added new maps and content to the Zombies mode.
11. Are there any secret codes or passwords in the game?
No, there are no secret codes or passwords required to progress in the game.
12. Can I play with friends online in Zombies mode?
Yes, you can play with friends online in the Zombies mode.
13. Does the game have a split-screen multiplayer mode?
Yes, you can play split-screen multiplayer with friends on consoles.
14. Are there any hidden easter eggs in the multiplayer maps?
While there are no major Easter eggs in the multiplayer maps, there are small hidden details and references to discover.
15. Is the game available in different languages?
Yes, Call of Duty: World at War is available in multiple languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and more.
In conclusion, Call of Duty: World at War not only offers intense gameplay and a gripping storyline but also provides players with exciting Easter eggs to discover. From hidden radios to gruesome surprises, uncovering these secrets adds an extra layer of excitement to the game. With its historical accuracy and immersive environments, combined with the interesting facts we’ve explored, Call of Duty: World at War remains a beloved entry in the franchise, offering fans an unforgettable World War II gaming experience.