Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls Cheats and 6 Interesting Facts
Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls is a compilation of the first two installments of the iconic Final Fantasy series. Released for the Game Boy Advance in 2004, this collection brought the classic RPG experiences to a new generation of gamers. With memorable characters, engaging storylines, and challenging gameplay, Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls quickly became a fan-favorite. In this article, we will explore some cheats and interesting facts about these legendary games.
Cheats for Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls:
1. Infinite Gil (Money): In Final Fantasy 1, enter the town called Elfheim. Speak to the Prince and give him the Mystic Key, which will grant you access to the treasure room. Open the chest to find the Rat Tail. Return to Bahamut in the town of Crescent Lake and he will transform the Rat Tail into the class-changing item. Finally, sell the item and repeat the process to earn infinite Gil.
2. Quick Level Gain: In Final Fantasy 2, find a battle against a weak enemy. Select the “Defend” command for all your characters in the first round, and then attack as usual in the subsequent rounds. This will increase your characters’ HP and stats quickly.
3. Unlimited MP: In Final Fantasy 2, equip the “Wizard Staff” weapon to your characters and continuously attack yourself in battle. This will drain your MP but also recover it, allowing you to use powerful spells without worrying about running out of magic points.
4. Easy Experience Points (EXP): In Final Fantasy 1, travel to the Ice Cave and fight the enemies called “Eyekons.” These enemies yield high EXP points and are an excellent source for leveling up.
5. Quick Healing: In Final Fantasy 2, use the “Cottage” item while inside a dungeon to heal your characters without using any magic points.
6. Invincible Characters: In Final Fantasy 1, equip your characters with the “Ribbon” accessory, which protects against all status ailments and grants immunity to instant death attacks.
Now, let’s dive into some interesting facts about Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls:
1. Origin of the Job System: Final Fantasy 1 introduced the iconic Job System, allowing players to customize their characters’ abilities and roles. This system laid the foundation for the job systems seen in later Final Fantasy games.
2. Non-Playable Characters: Final Fantasy 2 introduced non-playable characters (NPCs) with their own personalities and storylines. This added depth and immersion to the game’s world.
3. First Appearance of Chocobos: Final Fantasy 2 marked the debut of the beloved Chocobo creatures. They became a staple in the series, appearing in various forms and fulfilling different roles.
4. Unique Leveling System: Instead of traditional experience points, Final Fantasy 2 introduced a skill-based leveling system. Characters’ stats improved based on their actions, such as casting spells or using specific weapons.
5. Improved Graphics: Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls featured enhanced graphics compared to the original NES versions. The updated visuals breathed new life into these classic games.
6. Additional Content: The Dawn of Souls edition included bonus dungeons that were not present in the original releases. These extra challenges provided additional gameplay for those seeking more adventures in the world of Final Fantasy.
Now, let’s address some common questions about Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls:
1. Can I play Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls on my Game Boy Advance?
Yes, the game was specifically released for the Game Boy Advance.
2. Are there any differences between the original NES versions and the Dawn of Souls edition?
Yes, the Dawn of Souls edition featured improved graphics, additional content, and various gameplay tweaks.
3. Can I transfer my save data from Final Fantasy 1 to Final Fantasy 2?
Unfortunately, save data transfer between the two games is not possible.
4. Are there any secret characters in Final Fantasy 1 or 2?
No, both games have a set roster of characters that join your party throughout the story.
5. Can I use cheats in the original NES versions of Final Fantasy 1 & 2?
No, the cheats mentioned in this article are specific to the Dawn of Souls edition.
6. How long does it take to complete Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls?
The length of the games can vary depending on your playstyle, but on average, it takes around 40-50 hours to complete both games.
7. Can I play Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls on newer consoles?
No, the game was only released for the Game Boy Advance and has not been officially ported to newer consoles.
8. Are there any differences in the storylines of Final Fantasy 1 & 2?
Yes, each game has its own unique storyline and characters, with Final Fantasy 2 featuring a more character-driven narrative.
9. Are there any hidden easter eggs in Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls?
While there are no major easter eggs, the games contain references to other Final Fantasy installments.
10. Can I change the difficulty level in Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls?
No, the difficulty level is fixed and cannot be changed.
11. Are there any secret endings in Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls?
No, both games have a single ending.
12. Can I play Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls multiplayer?
No, the games are single-player only.
13. Are there any differences in the battle systems between Final Fantasy 1 & 2?
Yes, Final Fantasy 1 features a turn-based battle system, while Final Fantasy 2 introduces a more dynamic and action-oriented system.
14. Are there any cheats for Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls on other platforms?
The cheats mentioned in this article are specific to the Game Boy Advance version of the game and may not work on other platforms.
15. Are there any hidden bosses in Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls?
Yes, both games feature optional bosses that provide additional challenges for experienced players.
In conclusion, Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls offers a rich and nostalgic RPG experience. With cheats to enhance your gameplay and interesting facts to deepen your appreciation, these games continue to be beloved by fans worldwide. So, grab your Game Boy Advance, dive into the magical worlds of Final Fantasy, and embark on an unforgettable adventure.