How Do You Get Legendary Marks on Destiny: A Guide
Destiny, the popular first-person shooter game developed by Bungie, offers players a wide variety of activities and rewards. One such reward is Legendary Marks, a currency that allows players to purchase powerful gear and weapons from vendors. In this article, we will explore how to obtain Legendary Marks and provide you with five interesting facts about this in-game currency.
1. Completing Daily and Weekly Activities:
One of the primary ways to earn Legendary Marks is by completing daily and weekly activities, such as Strikes, Crucible matches, and Story missions. Each activity offers a predetermined number of Legendary Marks upon completion. Daily activities typically reward players with 15 Legendary Marks, while weekly activities offer higher amounts, ranging from 20 to 30 Legendary Marks.
2. Participating in Public Events:
Public Events, which are dynamic encounters that occur in various locations across Destiny’s open-world areas, also provide players with an opportunity to earn Legendary Marks. Successfully completing these events will grant players a chance to receive Legendary Marks as a reward. Keep an eye out for the notification of Public Events on your map and make sure to join them for a chance at acquiring this valuable currency.
3. Dismantling Legendary Gear:
Another method to obtain Legendary Marks is by dismantling Legendary gear. If you have duplicates or no longer require a specific piece of gear, dismantle it at a Cryptarch or Vanguard Quartermaster. This action will reward you with a small number of Legendary Marks, allowing you to accumulate them over time.
4. Completing Daily Bounties:
Bounties, which are objectives given by various NPCs in Destiny, present an opportunity to earn Legendary Marks as a reward. Each day, vendors offer a selection of bounties that, when completed, grant players with a predetermined amount of Legendary Marks. Make sure to check with vendors regularly to find bounties that align with your gameplay style and objectives.
5. Participating in the Trials of Osiris:
Trials of Osiris is a competitive PvP (Player vs. Player) game mode in Destiny. By consistently winning matches in this intense mode, players can earn Legendary Marks as a reward. However, be prepared for a challenging experience, as the Trials of Osiris require a high level of skill and teamwork to be successful.
Now that we have covered the basics of obtaining Legendary Marks, let’s explore five interesting facts about this in-game currency:
1. Legendary Marks were introduced in Destiny’s The Taken King expansion as a replacement for Vanguard and Crucible Marks, which were currencies in the original game.
2. The maximum number of Legendary Marks a player can hold at any given time is 2,000. However, this cap was increased to 3,000 with the release of the Rise of Iron expansion.
3. Legendary Marks can be used to purchase a variety of items, including weapons, armor, and consumables, from various vendors in the Tower and the Reef.
4. In addition to purchasing gear, players can also use Legendary Marks to infuse their weapons and armor, increasing their power levels.
5. Legendary Marks can be shared across all characters on an account, allowing players to accumulate them on one character and spend them on another.
Now, let’s address some common questions regarding Legendary Marks:
1. Can I earn Legendary Marks in Destiny 2?
No, Legendary Marks were exclusive to the first Destiny game and were not carried over to its sequel.
2. Are there any limits to how many Legendary Marks I can earn per week?
No, there are no weekly limits to the number of Legendary Marks you can earn. You can continue to accumulate them through various activities.
3. Can I trade Legendary Marks with other players?
No, Legendary Marks are not tradeable or transferable between players.
4. Can I earn Legendary Marks from dismantling Exotic gear?
No, dismantling Exotic gear does not provide Legendary Marks. It is recommended to use Exotic gear for infusion or keep them for their unique abilities.
5. Can I purchase Legendary Marks with real money?
No, Legendary Marks cannot be purchased directly with real money. They can only be obtained through in-game activities.
6. Can I earn Legendary Marks in private Crucible matches?
No, Legendary Marks can only be earned in the regular Crucible playlists.
7. Can I earn Legendary Marks from completing Nightfall Strikes?
No, Nightfall Strikes do not reward Legendary Marks. They provide other valuable rewards, such as powerful gear and experience bonuses.
8. Can I earn Legendary Marks by dismantling Legendary shaders or emotes?
No, dismantling shaders or emotes does not provide Legendary Marks.
9. Can I transfer Legendary Marks between my characters?
Yes, Legendary Marks are account-wide and can be transferred between characters.
10. Can I earn Legendary Marks by completing Raids?
No, Legendary Marks cannot be earned by completing Raids. However, Raids offer unique rewards and gear that can enhance your character’s power.
11. Can I use Legendary Marks to purchase Sparrows or Ships?
No, Legendary Marks cannot be used to purchase Sparrows or Ships. They are primarily used for acquiring weapons and armor.
12. Can I earn Legendary Marks by completing the daily Heroic Story mission?
Yes, completing the daily Heroic Story mission rewards players with Legendary Marks.
13. Can I earn Legendary Marks by completing the weekly Nightfall Strike?
No, the weekly Nightfall Strike does not reward Legendary Marks. However, it offers other exclusive rewards.
14. Can I earn Legendary Marks in the Crucible’s Iron Banner event?
Yes, participating in the Iron Banner event can reward players with Legendary Marks upon completion of specific objectives.
In conclusion, Legendary Marks in Destiny can be earned through various activities, such as completing daily and weekly events, participating in Public Events, dismantling gear, and completing bounties. They are a valuable currency that allows players to purchase powerful gear and weapons. With this guide, you are now equipped to accumulate and spend Legendary Marks efficiently in your quest for victory in Destiny.