How to Find Old Twitch Channels You Watch: Tips and Tricks
Twitch is a popular live streaming platform that has become a hub for gamers, artists, and content creators alike. With millions of channels available, it’s easy to lose track of the ones you’ve watched in the past. If you’re wondering how to find old Twitch channels you’ve enjoyed, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll explore some tips and tricks to help you rediscover those channels you once loved, along with some interesting facts about Twitch.
1. Use the Search Bar:
The simplest way to find an old Twitch channel is by using the platform’s search bar. Enter the name of the channel or the content creator you’re looking for, and Twitch will display relevant results, including past broadcasts or highlights from the channel.
2. Browse Your Viewing History:
Twitch keeps a record of your viewing history, making it easy to find old channels you’ve watched. To access your viewing history, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the Twitch homepage, select “Settings,” then navigate to the “Privacy & Security” tab. Here, you’ll find the option to view your viewing history.
3. Check Your Followed Channels:
If you followed the channel in the past, finding it becomes a breeze. Simply click on the “Following” tab on your Twitch homepage, and you’ll be able to scroll through all the channels you’re currently following. If you don’t see the channel you’re looking for, try sorting by “All Live Channels” or “Offline Channels” to find it.
4. Utilize Third-Party Websites:
Several third-party websites allow you to search for Twitch channels by username or other criteria. Websites like TwitchTracker and TwitchMetrics offer advanced search functionalities, making it easier to find specific channels or streamers you’re interested in.
5. Explore Twitch Communities:
Twitch communities are a great way to discover new channels and content creators. By joining communities related to your interests, you might stumble upon old channels you’ve enjoyed in the past. To access communities, click on the “Browse” tab on your Twitch homepage, and select “Communities” from the drop-down menu.
Interesting Facts about Twitch:
1. Twitch was originally created as a spin-off of Justin.tv, a general-interest streaming platform. It focused solely on gaming and esports, eventually surpassing its parent platform in popularity.
2. Twitch was acquired by Amazon in 2014 for a staggering $970 million, marking one of the largest acquisitions in the tech industry.
3. The most-watched Twitch stream is “Ninja” (Tyler Blevins) playing Fortnite with rapper Drake, which attracted over 628,000 concurrent viewers.
4. Twitch’s emote language is a unique way for the community to express themselves. Popular emotes include Kappa, PogChamp, and LUL, each with its own meaning and purpose.
5. TwitchCon is an annual convention dedicated to all things Twitch. It brings together streamers, fans, and industry professionals for a weekend of networking, gaming, and community-building.
Common Questions about Finding Old Twitch Channels:
1. Can I search for old Twitch channels by streamer’s name?
Yes, you can easily find old Twitch channels by using the platform’s search bar. Simply enter the streamer’s name, and relevant results will be displayed.
2. How can I find Twitch channels I watched months ago?
You can access your viewing history in the Twitch settings. Click on your profile picture, select “Settings,” go to the “Privacy & Security” tab, and find the option to view your viewing history.
3. Is there a way to search for Twitch channels by specific games?
Yes, Twitch allows you to search for channels based on the games they play. Simply enter the game’s name in the search bar, and relevant channels will be displayed.
4. Can I find Twitch channels I watched without following them?
Yes, you can find old Twitch channels you’ve watched without following them. Simply use the search bar or explore the communities related to your interests.
5. How can I find Twitch channels with a specific number of viewers?
Third-party websites like TwitchTracker and TwitchMetrics offer advanced search functionalities, allowing you to search for channels based on various criteria, including the number of viewers.
6. Can I find Twitch channels I watched on a specific date?
Twitch’s viewing history doesn’t provide a specific date filter. However, you can use the approximate time frame and scroll through the relevant broadcasts or highlights.
7. Can I find Twitch channels I’ve previously subscribed to?
Yes, you can find Twitch channels you’ve subscribed to by visiting the “Subscriptions” tab on your Twitch homepage.
8. Is there a way to find Twitch channels that were banned or deleted?
Unfortunately, once a Twitch channel is banned or deleted, it is no longer accessible. Twitch does not provide a way to find these channels.
9. Can I find old Twitch channels by their stream schedule?
Twitch does not offer a specific search option for finding channels based on their stream schedules. However, you can try searching for the channel’s social media profiles, as many streamers share their schedules there.
10. How can I find Twitch channels I watched on a different device?
As long as you’re logged into the same Twitch account on different devices, your viewing history and followed channels should sync automatically.
11. Are there any limitations to accessing my viewing history on Twitch?
Twitch retains viewing history for up to 90 days. If the channel or VOD was created beyond this timeframe, it may not be accessible through your viewing history.
12. Can I find old Twitch channels if I only remember the streamer’s real name?
If you only remember the streamer’s real name, you can try searching for them on Twitch by using their real name in the search bar.
13. How can I find Twitch channels I watched before I created my Twitch account?
Unfortunately, Twitch only keeps track of your viewing history from the time you create an account onwards. Channels you watched before creating your account may not be accessible through Twitch’s viewing history.
14. Can I find old Twitch channels that were rebranded or changed their name?
If a Twitch channel undergoes a rebrand or changes its name, it may be challenging to find it using the old name. However, you can try searching for the streamer’s new name or check their social media profiles for any announcements regarding the name change.
In conclusion, finding old Twitch channels you’ve watched can be accomplished through various methods, such as using the search bar, exploring your viewing history, or checking your followed channels. Additionally, third-party websites and Twitch communities can assist in rediscovering those beloved channels. With these tips and tricks at your disposal, you’ll be able to reconnect with your favorite Twitch content creators in no time.