How to Get Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon: A Complete Guide
Pokemon Sun and Moon introduced many new items and features to enhance the gaming experience. One of these valuable items is the Razor Claw. This article will guide you on how to obtain the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon, along with interesting facts about this item. Additionally, we have compiled a list of commonly asked questions regarding the Razor Claw, providing you with all the answers you need.
Getting the Razor Claw:
To obtain the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon, follow these steps:
1. Reach the Poni Plains: The Poni Plains is located on Poni Island, the fourth and final island of the Alola region. You will need to progress through the main storyline to reach this location.
2. Encounter the wild Pokemon, Jangmo-o: Jangmo-o is a Dragon-type Pokemon that can be found in the Poni Plains. Explore the tall grass until you encounter one.
3. Battle and catch Jangmo-o: Engage in a battle with Jangmo-o and defeat it using your Pokemon. Once weakened, throw Poke Balls until you successfully catch it.
4. Train Jangmo-o: Level up Jangmo-o by participating in battles and gaining experience points. As it levels up, it will eventually evolve into Hakamo-o and then into Kommo-o.
5. Evolve Kommo-o: Once your Jangmo-o evolves into Kommo-o, it will have a chance to hold the Razor Claw. To check if it is already holding the item, go to your Pokemon’s summary page and examine its held item.
6. Transfer the Razor Claw: If your Kommo-o is holding the Razor Claw, you can transfer it to another Pokemon by using the move “Thief” or “Covet” during battle. This will allow you to obtain the Razor Claw for other Pokemon in your team.
Interesting facts about the Razor Claw:
1. Evolutionary Item: The Razor Claw is an evolutionary item that is essential for evolving Sneasel into Weavile. By giving Sneasel the Razor Claw and leveling it up at night, it will evolve into the powerful Ice and Dark-type Pokemon, Weavile.
2. Boosts Critical Hit Ratio: When held by a Pokemon, the Razor Claw increases the chance of landing a critical hit during battle. This can be advantageous in defeating opponents with a single powerful strike.
3. Team Building Strategy: The Razor Claw can be a valuable asset in competitive battles. It can be used strategically with Pokemon that have high critical hit moves or abilities, making them even more formidable in battles.
4. Competitive Rarity: The Razor Claw is a relatively rare item, making it highly sought after by trainers who are focused on building strong competitive teams. Its scarcity adds to its value and desirability.
5. Trading and GTS: If you are unable to obtain the Razor Claw through the aforementioned method, you can try trading with other players or using the Global Trade System (GTS) to find trainers willing to trade the item.
Commonly Asked Questions:
1. Can the Razor Claw be found in any other locations in Pokemon Sun and Moon?
No, the Razor Claw can only be obtained by evolving Kommo-o.
2. Can I purchase the Razor Claw in any in-game stores?
No, the Razor Claw cannot be bought in any in-game stores. It can only be obtained through the method mentioned above.
3. Can I breed Pokemon holding the Razor Claw to pass it down to their offspring?
No, the Razor Claw cannot be passed down through breeding. You will need to obtain it separately for each Pokemon.
4. Can I use the Razor Claw in other Pokemon games?
Yes, the Razor Claw can be used in other Pokemon games that allow the evolution of Sneasel into Weavile.
5. Is the Razor Claw a one-time use item?
No, the Razor Claw is a reusable item that can be used to evolve multiple Sneasel into Weavile.
6. Can I trade the Razor Claw with other players?
Yes, you can trade the Razor Claw with other players either locally or online.
7. Will evolving Kommo-o reset its level?
No, evolving Kommo-o will not reset its level. It will retain its current level after evolving.
8. Can I transfer the Razor Claw to another Pokemon without using the moves “Thief” or “Covet”?
No, you can only transfer the Razor Claw to another Pokemon by using the moves “Thief” or “Covet” during battle.
9. Can I use the Razor Claw on a Pokemon that is already holding another item?
No, you cannot give the Razor Claw to a Pokemon that is already holding another item. You will need to remove the current held item first.
10. Can I find multiple Razor Claws in one playthrough?
No, you can only obtain one Razor Claw per playthrough of Pokemon Sun and Moon.
11. Can the Razor Claw be used to evolve other Pokemon?
No, the Razor Claw can only be used to evolve Sneasel into Weavile.
12. Can I use the Razor Claw on any Pokemon, or does it have to be a specific level?
The Razor Claw can be used on any level Sneasel to initiate its evolution into Weavile.
13. Can I use the Razor Claw during battle to increase my critical hit ratio?
No, the Razor Claw is a held item and cannot be used during battle to directly increase the critical hit ratio.
14. Can I sell the Razor Claw for money in the game?
No, the Razor Claw cannot be sold for money in the game. It is a valuable item for evolving Sneasel into Weavile.
In conclusion, obtaining the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon requires evolving a Jangmo-o into Kommo-o. This item serves as a crucial evolutionary catalyst for Sneasel, unlocking its full potential as Weavile. Remember, the Razor Claw can significantly enhance your team’s battle capabilities, so make sure to obtain it and utilize it wisely.