How to Get Rid of YouTube Mini Player
YouTube mini player is a feature that allows you to continue watching a video while browsing other content on YouTube. While it can be convenient for some users, others may find it distracting or unnecessary. If you fall into the latter category and wish to disable the mini player, this article will guide you through the process. Additionally, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) at the end to address any concerns you may have.
1. Access YouTube Settings: First, open YouTube on your preferred web browser and sign in to your account. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen to open the sidebar menu. Scroll down and click on “Settings” to access the YouTube settings.
2. Disable Mini Player: In the YouTube settings, you will find various options to customize your YouTube experience. Locate and click on the “Playback” tab. Here, you will find the option to enable or disable the mini player. Simply uncheck the box next to “Mini Player” to disable it.
3. Refresh the Page: After disabling the mini player, it is advisable to refresh the YouTube page to apply the changes. You can either press the F5 key on your keyboard or click the refresh icon in your browser’s address bar.
4. Use Browser Extensions: If disabling the mini player through YouTube settings does not work, you can try using browser extensions. For example, if you use Google Chrome, you can search for an extension specifically designed to disable the YouTube mini player. Install the extension, and it will take care of removing the mini player for you.
5. Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes, the mini player may continue to appear due to cached data. To resolve this, try clearing your browser cache. In most web browsers, you can do this by accessing the browser’s settings, locating the “Privacy” or “History” tab, and selecting the option to clear cache.
6. Update Your Browser: Outdated browsers may have compatibility issues with certain website features, including the YouTube mini player. Make sure your browser is up to date by checking for any available updates. Updating your browser can often resolve such compatibility issues.
7. Use Incognito/Private Browsing Mode: If the mini player is only causing issues when logged into your YouTube account, try using incognito or private browsing mode. This mode does not save any browsing history or cookies, which can help eliminate any potential conflicts causing the mini player to appear.
8. Contact YouTube Support: If all else fails, you can reach out to YouTube support for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance or address any technical issues causing the mini player to persist.
Q1. Can I disable the mini player on the YouTube mobile app?
A1. Currently, the YouTube mobile app does not offer an option to disable the mini player. However, you can use the desktop version of YouTube on your mobile browser and follow the steps mentioned above to disable it.
Q2. Will disabling the mini player affect other YouTube features?
A2. Disabling the mini player will not affect any other features on YouTube. It only removes the ability to continue watching a video while browsing.
Q3. Can I enable the mini player again if I change my mind?
A3. Yes, you can always go back to YouTube settings, navigate to the “Playback” tab, and re-enable the mini player by checking the box next to “Mini Player.”
Q4. Does disabling the mini player affect YouTube’s recommendations?
A4. No, disabling the mini player does not affect YouTube’s recommendation algorithm. You will still receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing history and preferences.
Q5. Can I disable the mini player for specific videos?
A5. Unfortunately, there is no option to disable the mini player for specific videos. It is an all-or-nothing setting that applies to all videos on YouTube.
Q6. Are there any other browser extensions to disable the mini player?
A6. Yes, apart from Google Chrome, there are browser extensions available for Firefox and Microsoft Edge that can disable the YouTube mini player. Search for relevant extensions in their respective extension stores.
Q7. Will disabling the mini player affect YouTube’s Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode?
A7. No, disabling the mini player will not affect YouTube’s Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode. You can still use PiP on supported devices or browsers.
Q8. Can I disable the mini player permanently?
A8. Yes, disabling the mini player through YouTube settings or browser extensions will permanently remove it. However, if you clear your browser cache, it may re-enable temporarily until you disable it again.
Q9. Does disabling the mini player improve YouTube’s performance?
A9. Disabling the mini player may slightly improve YouTube’s performance on older devices or slower internet connections by reducing the resources required to run the mini player alongside other content.
In conclusion, disabling the YouTube mini player is a straightforward process that can be done through YouTube settings or browser extensions. If the mini player persists or you face technical difficulties, clearing your browser cache, updating your browser, or using incognito/private browsing mode may help. Remember, YouTube support is available if you need further assistance.