How To Play The Walking Dead Games In Order: A Comprehensive Guide
The Walking Dead franchise has captivated audiences worldwide with its gripping storytelling and intense gameplay. As a fan, you might be wondering how to navigate through the various games in the series. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to play The Walking Dead games in order, along with five interesting facts about the franchise.
1. The Walking Dead: Season One (2012): Start your journey with the critically acclaimed first season of the game. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who forms a bond with the young girl Clementine as they navigate through a zombie apocalypse. This emotional rollercoaster will set the stage for the rest of the series.
2. The Walking Dead: 400 Days (2013): This DLC expansion bridges the gap between Season One and Two. It introduces new characters and showcases their stories during the first 400 days of the outbreak. Though not essential to the main story, it adds depth to the overall experience.
3. The Walking Dead: Season Two (2013-2014): Return to the post-apocalyptic world as Clementine, now a young teenager, who must survive in a world filled with both zombies and human threats. Your choices in Season One will carry over and impact the storyline of Season Two, making it a highly immersive experience.
4. The Walking Dead: Michonne (2016): This three-episode miniseries delves into the iconic character Michonne’s backstory. Play as Michonne and discover the events that shaped her as a survivor. While not directly connected to the main story, it provides valuable insight into one of the franchise’s most beloved characters.
5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (2016-2017): Set a few years after Season Two, this installment introduces a new protagonist, Javier Garcia. However, Clementine’s journey continues as well. Your decisions from previous seasons will impact the narrative, making each playthrough unique.
6. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (2018-2019): Concluding Clementine’s story, this emotional season focuses on her growth and survival as she mentors a young girl named AJ. The Final Season received rave reviews for its strong character development and satisfying conclusion.
Interesting Facts About The Walking Dead Games:
1. Multiple Award-Winning Series: The Walking Dead games have won numerous awards, including Game of the Year from multiple publications. The franchise’s success is a testament to its compelling narratives and innovative gameplay mechanics.
2. Player-Driven Narratives: The games emphasize player choice, allowing you to shape the story through your decisions. The branching narratives ensure that each player’s experience is unique, adding replay value to the series.
3. Emotional Impact: The Walking Dead games are known for their emotional storytelling, often leaving players in tears. The bond between characters and the weight of decision-making create an immersive experience that stays with players long after the game ends.
4. Comic Book Origins: The games are based on the popular comic book series by Robert Kirkman. The attention to detail and faithfulness to the source material have garnered praise from fans of the comics.
5. Spin-Offs and Tie-Ins: Besides the main series, The Walking Dead has inspired spin-off games like The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Additionally, the franchise has expanded to other mediums, including a television show and novels.
1. Can I play the games on different platforms?
Yes, The Walking Dead games are available on multiple platforms, including PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and mobile devices.
2. Do I need to play the games in order?
While each season can be enjoyed individually, playing them in order will provide a more cohesive and immersive experience.
3. Are the games suitable for all ages?
The Walking Dead games are rated M for Mature, indicating they are intended for players aged 17 and above due to violence, strong language, and mature themes.
4. How long does it take to complete each season?
Each season typically takes around 10-15 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle and the choices you make.
5. Can my choices from previous seasons impact future games?
Yes, the games feature a “save import” system that carries over your choices, allowing them to impact the storyline of future seasons.
6. Can I play The Walking Dead: The Final Season without playing the previous seasons?
While it is possible to play The Final Season without prior knowledge of the series, it is highly recommended to play the previous seasons for a richer experience.
7. Is there a multiplayer option in The Walking Dead games?
No, the games are primarily single-player experiences focused on narrative-driven gameplay.
8. Are the games available in languages other than English?
Yes, the games offer subtitles and voice acting in multiple languages, including Spanish, French, German, and more.
9. Are there any alternative endings in the games?
Yes, the choices you make throughout the series can lead to different outcomes, resulting in multiple endings.
10. Can I play the games on my mobile device?
Yes, The Walking Dead games are available on iOS and Android devices, making them accessible to mobile gamers.
11. Are there any jump scares in the games?
While the games are not primarily focused on jump scares, there are moments of suspense and horror that can catch players off guard.
12. Is there a recommended order to play the DLCs?
The DLCs, such as 400 Days and Michonne, can be played at any time, but it is recommended to play them between the main seasons for better context.
13. Are there any plans for future games in The Walking Dead series?
As of now, the main series has concluded with The Final Season, but the franchise continues to expand with new spin-offs and tie-ins.
14. Can I replay the games to explore different storylines?
Absolutely! The games offer multiple branching paths, making replaying them a great way to discover new narratives and outcomes.
In conclusion, playing The Walking Dead games in order allows you to fully immerse yourself in the gripping storyline and experience the impact of your choices throughout the series. With multiple platforms and languages available, fans can enjoy this emotionally charged franchise in their preferred format. Don’t forget to explore the spin-offs and tie-ins for a more comprehensive experience in the post-apocalyptic world of The Walking Dead.