How to Watch ESPN+ on YouTube TV: A Comprehensive Guide
YouTube TV has become one of the most popular streaming services for sports enthusiasts, offering a wide range of channels, including ESPN. However, if you are looking to access ESPN+ content on YouTube TV, there are a few steps you need to follow. In this article, we will guide you through the process of watching ESPN+ on YouTube TV, as well as share some unique facts about these platforms. Additionally, we will address some common questions users may have regarding this topic.
How to Watch ESPN+ on YouTube TV:
1. Ensure you have an active YouTube TV subscription: Before attempting to access ESPN+ on YouTube TV, make sure you have a valid subscription to YouTube TV. This service is available for $64.99 per month, and it includes a range of channels, including ESPN.
2. Subscribe to ESPN+: ESPN+ is a separate streaming service that offers exclusive sports content, including live events, original shows, and documentaries. To access ESPN+ on YouTube TV, you need to subscribe to ESPN+ separately. The subscription costs $5.99 per month, or you can opt for an annual plan at $59.99.
3. Download and install the YouTube TV app: If you haven’t already, download and install the YouTube TV app on your preferred device. It is available on various platforms, including Android, iOS, and streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
4. Sign in to your YouTube TV account: Launch the YouTube TV app and sign in using your account credentials. If you don’t have an account, create one by following the on-screen instructions.
5. Access ESPN+ content on YouTube TV: Once you have successfully signed in to your YouTube TV account, navigate to the “Library” section of the app. From there, you can access ESPN+ content, including live events and on-demand shows. Simply select the ESPN+ channel or search for specific content using the search bar.
Unique Facts about ESPN+ and YouTube TV:
1. ESPN+ offers exclusive content: ESPN+ provides subscribers with access to exclusive sports content, including live events from various leagues such as MLS, NHL, UFC, and more. In addition, ESPN+ offers original shows like “Peyton’s Places” and “Detail,” as well as a vast library of on-demand sports documentaries.
2. YouTube TV provides cloud DVR: One of the unique features of YouTube TV is its cloud DVR, allowing users to record live TV and save it for later viewing. This feature is particularly useful for sports fans who want to catch up on games or events they may have missed.
3. ESPN+ and YouTube TV support multiple devices: Both ESPN+ and YouTube TV are available on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming devices. This flexibility allows users to access their favorite sports content anytime, anywhere.
4. ESPN+ and YouTube TV offer free trials: If you are unsure whether ESPN+ or YouTube TV is the right fit for you, both platforms offer free trial periods. ESPN+ provides a seven-day free trial, while YouTube TV offers a two-week trial period, giving you ample time to explore their features and content offerings.
5. ESPN+ and YouTube TV provide multi-screen viewing: Both services allow users to stream content on multiple devices simultaneously. This is perfect for households with multiple sports enthusiasts who want to watch different games or events at the same time.
Common Questions about Watching ESPN+ on YouTube TV:
1. Can I access ESPN+ content on YouTube TV without a separate subscription?
No, you need to subscribe to ESPN+ separately in order to access its exclusive content on YouTube TV.
2. Can I watch ESPN+ content on YouTube TV for free?
No, accessing ESPN+ content on YouTube TV requires a subscription to both services.
3. Can I record ESPN+ content using YouTube TV’s DVR feature?
Yes, you can record ESPN+ content using YouTube TV’s cloud DVR feature and save it for later viewing.
4. Are all ESPN+ events and shows available on YouTube TV?
Most ESPN+ events and shows are available on YouTube TV, but there may be some exceptions due to broadcasting rights and agreements.
5. Can I watch ESPN+ content on YouTube TV outside the United States?
No, ESPN+ and YouTube TV are only available for streaming within the United States.
6. Can I cancel my ESPN+ subscription if I no longer wish to use it on YouTube TV?
Yes, you can cancel your ESPN+ subscription at any time. However, you will lose access to ESPN+ content on YouTube TV once your subscription is canceled.
7. Can I access ESPN+ content on YouTube TV using a web browser?
Yes, you can access ESPN+ content on YouTube TV using a web browser by visiting the YouTube TV website and signing in to your account.
8. Can I watch ESPN+ content in 4K resolution on YouTube TV?
No, ESPN+ content on YouTube TV is currently limited to a maximum resolution of 1080p.
9. Can I stream ESPN+ content on YouTube TV on multiple devices simultaneously?
Yes, you can stream ESPN+ content on up to three devices simultaneously using YouTube TV.
10. Can I watch ESPN+ content on YouTube TV offline?
No, offline viewing is not supported for ESPN+ content on YouTube TV. You need an internet connection to stream the content.
11. Can I share my ESPN+ subscription with others who use YouTube TV?
No, ESPN+ subscriptions are non-transferable and cannot be shared with other YouTube TV users.
12. Can I watch ESPN+ pay-per-view events on YouTube TV?
No, ESPN+ pay-per-view events are not available on YouTube TV. They must be purchased separately on the ESPN+ website.
13. Can I access ESPN3 content on YouTube TV?
No, ESPN3 content is not available on YouTube TV. ESPN3 is a separate streaming service that requires a participating TV provider login.
14. Can I watch ESPN Classic on YouTube TV?
No, YouTube TV does not currently offer ESPN Classic as part of its channel lineup.
In conclusion, accessing ESPN+ content on YouTube TV is a seamless process that requires a separate subscription to both services. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can enjoy a wide range of exclusive sports content on these platforms. Whether you are a sports fanatic or just enjoy catching up on your favorite teams and events, ESPN+ and YouTube TV offer an extensive selection of content to cater to your needs.