How to Watch the Justice League Animated Movies in Order
The Justice League animated movies have gained a massive following over the years, captivating fans with their thrilling storylines, dynamic characters, and stunning animation. If you’re new to the Justice League universe or simply want to revisit these fantastic films, it’s essential to know the correct order in which to watch them. This article will guide you through the proper sequence, ensuring an immersive and seamless viewing experience.
1. Justice League: The New Frontier (2008)
Start your journey with this compelling origin story that introduces the formation of the Justice League as they battle a powerful alien entity threatening Earth.
2. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
In this alternate reality tale, the Justice League encounters their villainous counterparts from a parallel Earth, resulting in an epic battle for justice.
3. Justice League: Doom (2012)
Witness the Justice League combating a villainous plot orchestrated Vandal Savage, testing their abilities and bonds to their limits.
4. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
Travel with the Flash as he alters the timeline, leading to a dystopian world where the Justice League is nonexistent, and Aquaman and Wonder Woman are engaged in a catastrophic war.
5. Justice League: War (2014)
Experience the formation of the Justice League as they unite to face the extraterrestrial threat of Darkseid and his Parademons.
6. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
Delve into Aquaman’s origin story as he joins the Justice League and battles his half-brother, Ocean Master, who seeks to unleash war upon the surface world.
7. Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
Watch as the Justice League’s young proteges, the Teen Titans, clash with their mentors, only to unite against the demonic threat of Trigon.
8. Justice League Dark (2017)
Venture into the supernatural side of the DC universe as a group of mystical superheroes, including John Constantine and Zatanna, team up to combat a supernatural menace.
9. Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (2019)
The Justice League faces off against the Fatal Five, a group of supervillains from the future, as they attempt to alter history and prevent a cataclysmic event.
10. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
The final installment in this animated universe, witness the Justice League’s desperate battle against Darkseid and his forces to save Earth from annihilation.
Common Questions about Watching the Justice League Animated Movies
1. Are these movies connected to the live-action Justice League films?
No, these animated movies exist in a separate continuity.
2. Can I watch the Justice League movies out of order?
While each film can be enjoyed individually, watching them in order enhances the overall experience and understanding of the characters and their development.
3. Are the Justice League animated movies suitable for children?
Most of these films are rated PG-13 due to intense action and violence, so parental guidance is advised.
4. Are these movies available on streaming platforms?
Yes, you can find many of these movies on popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Max.
5. Is it necessary to watch other DC animated movies before diving into the Justice League films?
While not essential, other DC animated movies can provide additional context and character development.
6. Can I skip Justice League: The New Frontier and still understand the storyline?
While it’s not recommended, you can still follow the subsequent films without watching The New Frontier.
7. Are there any other Justice League animated series worth watching?
Yes, the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series expand upon the events of these movies and are highly recommended.
8. Should I watch the Justice League movies before watching other DC animated movies?
It’s not necessary, as the Justice League films stand on their own. However, watching them first can offer a more cohesive viewing experience.
9. How many Justice League movies are there in total?
There are currently 14 Justice League animated movies.
10. Are there any plans for more Justice League animated movies?
DC continues to release new animated movies regularly, so there may be future Justice League films in the works.
11. Can I enjoy these movies if I’m not familiar with the Justice League characters?
Absolutely! These films are crafted to engage both die-hard fans and newcomers to the Justice League universe.
12. Is there a post-credit scene in any of these movies?
No, these films generally do not include post-credit scenes.
13. Can I watch these movies with subtitles or in different languages?
Yes, most of these films offer multiple language options and subtitles.
14. Are the Justice League animated movies part of the DC Extended Universe?
No, the DC Extended Universe includes live-action films, while the Justice League animated movies belong to a separate animated universe.
By following this suggested viewing order, you’ll embark on an exciting and immersive journey through the Justice League animated movies. Buckle up, gather your favorite snacks, and prepare for an epic adventure alongside your favorite DC superheroes.