Pokemon Sun and Moon: How to Get a Razor Claw and 6 Interesting Facts
Pokemon Sun and Moon have captivated fans with their exciting new features and gameplay mechanics. One of the intriguing aspects of the game is the various items that players can obtain to enhance their Pokemon’s abilities. One such item is the Razor Claw, a valuable item that can be used to evolve certain Pokemon and increase their power. In this article, we will discuss how to obtain a Razor Claw and explore six interesting facts about this incredible item.
How to Get a Razor Claw:
Getting your hands on a Razor Claw can be quite a challenge, but with the right knowledge and perseverance, it is certainly possible. Follow these steps to obtain this coveted item:
1. Reach the Battle Tree: The Battle Tree is an area where you can engage in intense battles with skilled trainers. To access it, you must first defeat the Elite Four and become the Champion of Alola.
2. Team up with a Friend: Once you have reached the Battle Tree, you will need to team up with a friend. You can do this by connecting with someone through local wireless or online communication.
3. Battle in the Multi Battle format: In the Battle Tree, select the Multi Battle format and team up with your friend to take on formidable opponents.
4. Earn Battle Points (BP): After successfully defeating opponents in Multi Battles, you will earn Battle Points. These points can be used to purchase various items from the Battle Tree shop, including the Razor Claw.
5. Purchase the Razor Claw: Once you have accumulated enough Battle Points, head to the Battle Tree shop and buy the Razor Claw. It will cost you 32 Battle Points.
6. Evolve your Sneasel: The Razor Claw is primarily used to evolve Sneasel. To evolve your Sneasel, give it the Razor Claw to hold and level it up at night. This will transform it into the powerful Ice/Dark-type Pokemon, Weavile.
Now that you know how to obtain a Razor Claw, let’s dive into some fascinating facts about this item:
1. Evolutionary Catalyst: The Razor Claw serves as an evolutionary catalyst for Sneasel, helping it evolve into Weavile. Weavile gains increased stats and access to a wider move pool, making it a formidable addition to any team.
2. Held Item Benefits: When held by a Pokemon during battle, the Razor Claw boosts the chances of landing a critical hit. This can be especially useful in challenging battles where every move counts.
3. Competitive Battling Advantage: The Razor Claw is a popular choice among competitive Pokemon battlers. Its critical hit boost can turn the tide of a battle and give players an edge over their opponents.
4. Limited Availability: The Razor Claw is a relatively rare item, making it highly sought after by trainers. Its scarcity adds to its value and makes it a prized possession.
5. In-Game Trade: If you’re lucky, you may come across an NPC trainer who is willing to trade a Pokemon holding a Razor Claw. Keep an eye out for these opportunities as they can save you the effort of earning Battle Points.
6. Breeding Possibilities: The Razor Claw can be held by a female Sneasel or Weavile and passed down to their offspring. This allows trainers to breed powerful Pokemon with the potential for critical hits.
Common Questions about the Razor Claw:
1. Can I use the Razor Claw to evolve any other Pokemon?
No, the Razor Claw is specific to evolving Sneasel into Weavile.
2. Can I obtain multiple Razor Claws in the game?
Yes, you can earn multiple Razor Claws by accumulating more Battle Points.
3. Can I trade a Razor Claw to another player?
No, the Razor Claw is a held item and cannot be traded separately from the Pokemon holding it.
4. Can I use the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon’s online battles?
Yes, the Razor Claw’s effects, such as increased critical hit chances, apply to battles against other players.
5. Can I find a Razor Claw in the wild?
No, the Razor Claw can only be obtained by purchasing it from the Battle Tree shop.
6. Can I use the Razor Claw on a male Sneasel?
No, only a female Sneasel can hold the Razor Claw for breeding purposes.
7. Can I transfer a Sneasel holding a Razor Claw from a previous Pokemon game?
Yes, you can transfer a Sneasel holding a Razor Claw from previous games using the Pokemon Bank service.
8. Can I sell the Razor Claw?
Yes, you can sell the Razor Claw for a modest amount of money in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
9. Can I use the Razor Claw to evolve Sneasel at any time of the day?
No, Sneasel must be leveled up at night while holding the Razor Claw to evolve into Weavile.
10. Can I find the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon’s post-game content?
Yes, the Battle Tree becomes accessible after defeating the game’s main storyline.
11. Can I use other evolutionary items on Sneasel?
No, the Razor Claw is the only item that can be used to evolve Sneasel into Weavile.
12. Can I use the Razor Claw on a traded Sneasel?
Yes, you can use the Razor Claw on a traded Sneasel to evolve it into Weavile.
13. Can I use the Razor Claw in Pokemon contests or beauty pageants?
No, the Razor Claw has no effect on Pokemon contests or beauty pageants.
14. Can I use the Razor Claw on other Pokemon to increase critical hit chances?
No, the Razor Claw’s critical hit boost is exclusive to Sneasel and Weavile.
15. Can I use the Razor Claw in Pokemon Sun and Moon’s Battle Royal mode?
Yes, the Razor Claw’s effects, such as increased critical hit chances, apply to Battle Royal battles.
In conclusion, the Razor Claw is a valuable item in Pokemon Sun and Moon that can be obtained by battling in the Battle Tree and accumulating enough Battle Points. It serves as an evolutionary catalyst for Sneasel and provides various benefits during battles. Its limited availability and competitive advantages make it a highly sought-after item. So, go out there and earn your own Razor Claw to evolve your Sneasel into the powerful Weavile!