What Channel Can I Watch the Bears Game On: A Comprehensive Guide
As an avid fan of the Chicago Bears, it’s essential to know where and how to watch their games. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or someone who enjoys the occasional football match, finding the right channel to watch the Bears game is crucial. In this article, we will explore the various channels that broadcast the Bears games and provide you with some interesting facts about the team. Additionally, we’ll answer some common questions regarding game schedules, streaming options, and more.
Channels to Watch the Bears Game On:
1. Fox: Fox is the primary broadcaster of most Bears games. They have a long-standing partnership with the NFL and regularly air the team’s games, including both home and away matches. Check your local listings to find the specific channel number for Fox in your area.
2. CBS: CBS is another network that broadcasts select Bears games. While they don’t have as many games as Fox, they still cover a significant number of matches. CBS typically airs games during the latter part of the regular season and occasionally showcases the Bears in the playoffs.
3. NBC: NBC broadcasts Sunday Night Football, which often features high-profile matchups, including the Bears. Sunday Night Football is a prime-time slot, allowing fans across the nation to tune in. Keep an eye out for Bears games scheduled on NBC.
4. ESPN: ESPN is a cable channel that broadcasts Monday Night Football. While Bears games on ESPN might be relatively infrequent, Monday Night Football games are always exciting and attract a significant audience. Check ESPN’s schedule to see if the Bears have any games on their lineup.
5. NFL Network: The NFL Network has become a go-to channel for football enthusiasts. While Bears games on this network may be limited, the NFL Network broadcasts pre-season games, re-airs of previous games, and other exclusive content related to the team. It’s worth checking their schedule for any Bears-related programming.
Interesting Facts about the Bears:
1. Founding Franchise: The Chicago Bears were established in 1920, making them one of the oldest franchises in the NFL. They were originally named the Decatur Staleys before moving to Chicago and changing their name to the Bears in 1922.
2. Championship Legacy: The Bears have won a total of nine NFL championships, including one Super Bowl victory in 1985. Their rich history includes iconic players such as Walter Payton, Dick Butkus, and Mike Ditka.
3. Iconic Stadium: The Bears play their home games at Soldier Field, an iconic stadium located on the shores of Lake Michigan. Originally built in 1924, Soldier Field has undergone several renovations but still maintains its historic charm.
4. Rivalry with the Packers: The Bears have a fierce and historic rivalry with their divisional opponents, the Green Bay Packers. The rivalry dates back to 1921 and is one of the most storied and intense in NFL history.
5. The Monsters of the Midway: The Bears’ defense has earned a reputation for its toughness and dominance over the years. The team’s defensive prowess is often referred to as the “Monsters of the Midway,” a nickname that represents the team’s intimidating presence on the field.
Common Questions about Watching Bears Games:
1. Will all Bears games be shown on national television?
– Not all Bears games are broadcast nationally. Some games may be subject to regional coverage or blackouts.
2. Can I stream Bears games online?
– Yes, you can stream Bears games through various platforms such as NFL Game Pass, CBS All Access, Fox Sports Go, and NBC Sports.
3. Are there any free options to watch Bears games?
– While most streaming platforms require a subscription or cable login, some free options may be available through online platforms like Reddit or unofficial streaming websites. However, these sources may not always provide reliable or legal streams.
4. Can I watch Bears games on my mobile device?
– Yes, many streaming services and network apps allow you to watch Bears games on your mobile device. Just download the respective app and sign in with your cable or streaming service credentials.
5. What if the game is not available in my market?
– If the game is not available in your market, you may consider subscribing to NFL Sunday Ticket, which provides out-of-market game coverage.
6. Can I record Bears games on my DVR?
– Yes, if you have a DVR service through your cable or satellite provider, you can record Bears games to watch later.
7. Are Bears games available on local radio?
– Yes, Bears games are typically broadcast on local radio stations. Check your local listings to find the radio station covering the game.
8. Can I watch Bears games outside of the United States?
– Yes, the NFL offers international streaming options through NFL Game Pass. You can watch Bears games live or on-demand from anywhere in the world.
9. Is there a specific channel for Thursday Night Football games?
– Thursday Night Football games are primarily broadcast on the NFL Network, but they can also be simulcast on Fox or Amazon Prime Video.
10. What time do Bears games usually start?
– Bears games typically start at 1:00 PM or 4:25 PM Eastern Time, but prime-time games may have different start times.
11. Do Bears games get rescheduled due to weather?
– While rare, severe weather conditions can lead to game delays or rescheduling. Keep an eye on official announcements from the NFL and the Bears organization for any updates.
12. Can I watch Bears games on YouTube TV or Hulu Live?
– Yes, both YouTube TV and Hulu Live offer access to channels like Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN, which broadcast Bears games.
13. Can I watch Bears games in 4K or HDR?
– Some streaming services and network apps offer 4K or HDR streaming for select games. However, availability may vary, so check with your provider for details.
14. Can I watch Bears games on demand?
– Yes, if you have a subscription to NFL Game Pass or a streaming service that offers on-demand content, you can watch Bears games at your convenience.
In conclusion, finding the right channel to watch the Bears game is crucial for any fan. Whether it’s Fox, CBS, NBC, ESPN, or the NFL Network, these channels provide comprehensive coverage of the team’s games. Additionally, with the option to stream games online and watch on-demand, fans have more flexibility than ever to catch the Bears in action. So, grab your snacks, find the right channel, and cheer on the Bears as they continue their journey on the gridiron.