What Channel Can I Watch the UFC Fight On: All You Need to Know
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has garnered immense popularity over the years, captivating millions of fans around the globe with its intense mix of martial arts and combat sports. As a result, viewers are often left wondering, “What channel can I watch the UFC fight on?” In this article, we will explore the various channels that broadcast UFC fights, along with five interesting facts about the sport.
Channels to Watch UFC Fights On:
1. ESPN: In 2019, ESPN signed a lucrative deal with the UFC, making it the exclusive broadcaster of UFC events in the United States. ESPN+ is the primary platform where you can stream UFC fights, while some events are also aired on the ESPN cable channel.
2. Pay-Per-View (PPV): UFC events are often available on PPV, allowing fans to purchase and watch the fights from the comfort of their homes. This option is particularly popular for highly anticipated matches and title fights.
3. BT Sport: If you are in the United Kingdom, BT Sport is the go-to channel for UFC fights. They hold the exclusive broadcasting rights, ensuring fans in the UK can enjoy all the action from the Octagon.
4. TSN: Canadian viewers can tune in to TSN (The Sports Network) to watch UFC events. TSN offers comprehensive coverage of UFC fights, including pre-fight analysis and post-fight interviews.
5. UFC Fight Pass: For die-hard fans, UFC Fight Pass is the ultimate destination. It is an online streaming platform that provides access to a vast library of past fights, documentaries, and exclusive content. However, it should be noted that live events may not be available on UFC Fight Pass in all regions.
Interesting Facts about UFC:
1. UFC Origins: The UFC was founded in 1993 by Art Davie and Rorion Gracie. The early events featured a mix of different martial arts styles, aiming to determine which was the most effective. This concept eventually evolved into the modern-day UFC.
2. Weight Classes: The UFC features a variety of weight classes, ensuring fair matchups between fighters. Currently, there are eight men’s weight classes, ranging from flyweight (up to 125 lbs) to heavyweight (over 205 lbs), and four women’s weight classes, including strawweight (up to 115 lbs) and featherweight (up to 145 lbs).
3. Conor McGregor’s Rise: Conor McGregor, an Irish mixed martial artist, played a significant role in bringing the UFC into the mainstream. His charismatic personality, trash-talking abilities, and impressive performances inside the Octagon catapulted him to superstardom.
4. Ronda Rousey’s Influence: Ronda Rousey, a former UFC women’s bantamweight champion, became a trailblazer for women in the sport. Her dominance inside the cage and captivating personality helped elevate the popularity of women’s MMA.
5. Big Paydays: UFC fighters can earn substantial amounts of money, especially for high-profile fights. For instance, in 2021, Conor McGregor earned a reported $22 million for his fight against Dustin Poirier.
Common Questions about UFC:
1. What time does a UFC event typically start?
A UFC event usually starts at 10:00 PM Eastern Time, but the exact time can vary.
2. Can I watch UFC fights for free?
While some preliminary fights may be available on cable TV or streaming platforms, the main card fights are generally only accessible through paid channels.
3. How much does a UFC PPV event cost?
The price of a UFC PPV event can vary, but it typically ranges from $59.99 to $69.99.
4. Can I watch UFC fights on my phone or tablet?
Yes, you can stream UFC fights on your phone or tablet using the ESPN app or other platforms such as UFC Fight Pass.
5. Are there any free trials available for UFC streaming services?
Some streaming platforms may offer free trials, so it’s worth checking before making a purchase.
6. Can I watch past UFC events on UFC Fight Pass?
Yes, UFC Fight Pass provides access to a vast library of past events, allowing you to relive iconic moments in UFC history.
7. Can I watch UFC fights outside of the United States?
Yes, UFC events are broadcast globally, and the channels mentioned earlier cater to fans in various countries.
8. Do UFC fighters get paid if their fight is canceled?
Fighters typically receive compensation if their fight is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as injuries.
9. How often does the UFC hold events?
The frequency of UFC events can vary, but on average, there are multiple events every month.
10. Are there weight classes for women in the UFC?
Yes, the UFC introduced women’s weight classes in 2012 to promote gender equality in the sport.
11. Can I attend a UFC event in person?
Yes, UFC events are held at various locations worldwide, and tickets can be purchased online.
12. How long do UFC fights typically last?
UFC fights consist of three rounds, with each round lasting five minutes. Championship fights have five rounds.
13. Can I watch UFC fights on streaming platforms like Netflix or Hulu?
No, UFC fights are not available on platforms like Netflix or Hulu. You will need to access specific channels or streaming services to watch them.
14. Are there any age restrictions for watching UFC fights?
While there are no specific age restrictions, parental discretion is advised due to the violent nature of the sport.
In conclusion, to watch UFC fights, you can tune in to ESPN, purchase PPV events, or utilize platforms like BT Sport or UFC Fight Pass. The UFC has come a long way since its inception, and with its growing popularity, fans now have numerous options to catch all the action from the Octagon.