What Order to Watch Gintama: A Guide for Anime Fans
Gintama is a popular and long-running anime series that has captured the hearts of fans worldwide. With its unique blend of comedy, action, and drama, it has become a favorite among anime enthusiasts. However, due to its complex storyline and numerous arcs, many newcomers are often confused about the best order to watch Gintama. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to help you navigate through the series, along with five unique facts about Gintama.
1. Gintama Watch Order:
Gintama is known for its non-linear storytelling and episodic nature, which can make it challenging to determine the correct viewing order. However, the recommended order to watch Gintama is as follows:
– Gintama (Episodes 3-201): Start with Episode 3, as the first two episodes are filler episodes. This part covers the initial character introductions and establishes the comedic tone of the series. It also introduces the main cast and their daily adventures.
– Gintama’: Episodes 202-252: This is the second major season of the series and continues the story from where Gintama left off. It is recommended to watch this part after completing the first season.
– Gintama’: Enchousen: Episodes 253-265: This is the third major season of Gintama and is a direct continuation of Gintama’. It is advisable to watch this part immediately after finishing Gintama’ for a seamless viewing experience.
– Gintama°: Episodes 266-316: This is the final season of the main Gintama series and is also known as Gintama Season 4. It concludes the main storyline and ties up loose ends.
– Gintama.: Porori-hen: Episodes 317-328: This is a collection of short stories and comedic skits that take place after the main storyline. It is recommended to watch this part after completing Gintama°.
– Gintama.: Silver Soul Arc: Episodes 329-367: This is the final arc of the Gintama series and adapts the manga’s final chapters. It concludes the story on an epic and emotional note.
2. Unique Facts about Gintama:
– Gintama is known for its parodies and references to other popular anime, manga, and even real-life events. It often pokes fun at the anime industry itself, making it a meta experience for viewers.
– Despite its comedic nature, Gintama is also known for its heartfelt and emotional moments. It seamlessly transitions from comedy to drama, leaving viewers laughing one moment and tearing up the next.
– The creator of Gintama, Hideaki Sorachi, has stated that the series was originally intended to be a short manga. However, due to its popularity, it continued for over a decade, resulting in an anime adaptation as well.
– Gintama has a vast cast of unique and lovable characters, each with their own quirks and personalities. It is this diverse ensemble that adds depth and dimension to the series.
– The series often breaks the fourth wall, with characters interacting with the audience and acknowledging that they are part of an anime. This self-awareness adds an extra layer of humor to the show.
Common Questions about Gintama:
1. Is Gintama a comedy anime?
Yes, Gintama is primarily a comedy anime. However, it also incorporates action and drama elements into its storyline.
2. Can I skip the first two episodes of Gintama?
Yes, the first two episodes of Gintama are filler episodes and can be skipped without missing any important plot points.
3. Is Gintama suitable for children?
Gintama contains mature humor, violence, and some adult themes, so it is recommended for a more mature audience.
4. Should I watch Gintama in order?
Yes, it is highly recommended to watch Gintama in the correct order to fully understand the storyline and character developments.
5. Is Gintama dubbed in English?
Yes, Gintama has an English dubbed version available for those who prefer watching anime in their native language.
6. How many episodes of Gintama are there in total?
Gintama has a total of 367 episodes, including all its seasons and arcs.
7. Does Gintama have a satisfying ending?
Yes, Gintama has a conclusive and emotionally satisfying ending in its final arc, “Silver Soul.”
8. Are the Gintama movies worth watching?
Yes, the Gintama movies are highly recommended as they offer additional stories and showcase the series’ animation quality.
9. Can I start watching Gintama from any season?
While it is possible to start watching Gintama from different seasons, it is advisable to start from the beginning to fully appreciate the storyline and character dynamics.
10. Is Gintama a long anime series?
Yes, Gintama is a long-running anime series with a total of 367 episodes, making it a substantial commitment for viewers.
11. Is Gintama a complete adaptation of the manga?
Yes, the Gintama anime is a faithful adaptation of the manga, covering its entire storyline.
12. Are the Gintama filler episodes worth watching?
Gintama’s filler episodes are known for their comedic value and can provide a break from the main storyline. They are worth watching if you enjoy the series’ humor.
13. Does Gintama have a spin-off series?
Yes, Gintama has a spin-off series called “Gintama: The Semi-Final” and “Gintama: The Final” that continue the story after the main series.
14. Where can I watch Gintama?
Gintama is available for streaming on various platforms, including Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Funimation.