What to Watch Before Going to Disney World
Disney World is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, attracting millions of visitors each year. With its enchanting theme parks, thrilling rides, and captivating entertainment, it’s no wonder families and Disney enthusiasts flock to this magical place. But before you embark on your Disney adventure, there are a few films and shows you should watch to enhance your experience. Here is a list of must-watch movies and shows to get you in the Disney spirit before your trip.
1. Cinderella (1950): Start your Disney journey with the classic tale of Cinderella. This enchanting animated film will set the stage for the magic you’ll experience at Disney World.
2. Beauty and the Beast (1991): Immerse yourself in the tale as old as time with this beloved Disney animation. Be prepared to encounter some of the characters from this film during your visit to Disney World.
3. The Lion King (1994): Join Simba and his friends on their epic adventure in the African savannah. This heartwarming movie will make you appreciate the Circle of Life, which is beautifully represented in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom.
4. Toy Story (1995): Step into the world of toys and follow the adventures of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. This film will introduce you to the beloved characters you’ll encounter in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003): Dive into the swashbuckling world of pirates with Captain Jack Sparrow. This thrilling film will prepare you for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, a Disney World classic.
6. Frozen (2013): Experience the magical journey of Elsa and Anna in the kingdom of Arendelle. This film’s popularity has led to the creation of Frozen-themed attractions and shows at Disney World.
7. Moana (2016): Embark on an epic adventure across the ocean with Moana, a strong-willed young girl. This film’s inspiring story and beautiful animation will surely captivate you.
8. The Imagineering Story (2019): This docuseries on Disney+ explores the behind-the-scenes magic of Disney’s theme parks. Gain insight into the creation and development of Disney World, making you appreciate the park even more.
Unique Facts about Disney World:
1. Disney World is the size of San Francisco: Covering approximately 40 square miles, Disney World is a massive entertainment complex that includes four main theme parks, two water parks, and numerous hotels and resorts.
2. Cinderella Castle is not actually made of stone: Despite its grand appearance, Cinderella Castle is primarily made of fiberglass. The outer shell is covered with thousands of individually hand-cut pieces of Italian glass.
3. There are underground tunnels beneath the Magic Kingdom: Disney World has an elaborate system of tunnels known as the Utilidor. This allows cast members to move around the park without disrupting the illusion for guests.
4. There are over 30,000 hotel rooms on Disney property: With a wide range of accommodations, from budget-friendly to luxury resorts, Disney World offers a variety of options for guests to choose from.
5. Disney World has its own transportation system: To help guests navigate the vast property, Disney World operates an extensive transportation system, including buses, boats, monorails, and the Disney Skyliner.
Common Questions about Disney World:
1. When is the best time to visit Disney World?
The best time to visit Disney World is during off-peak seasons, such as late January to early February or September to early November, when crowds are smaller.
2. How many days should you spend at Disney World?
It is recommended to spend at least four to five days to fully experience all four main theme parks.
3. Can you bring food into Disney World?
Yes, guests are allowed to bring their own food and drinks into the parks, excluding alcoholic beverages and glass containers.
4. Are there height restrictions on rides?
Yes, some rides have height restrictions for safety reasons. Check the official Disney World website for specific ride requirements.
5. Should I stay on Disney property or off-site?
Staying on Disney property offers several benefits, including complimentary transportation, Extra Magic Hours, and the convenience of being close to the parks.
6. Is it worth purchasing the Park Hopper option?
The Park Hopper option allows you to visit multiple theme parks in a single day. If you want to experience the highlights of each park, it can be worth it.
7. Are FastPasses necessary?
FastPasses allow you to skip the regular lines for select attractions. While not necessary, they can significantly reduce wait times, especially for popular rides.
8. Can I meet Disney characters at the parks?
Yes, Disney World offers numerous character meet-and-greet opportunities throughout the parks. Check the schedule and locations for character appearances.
9. How do I make dining reservations?
Dining reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance through the My Disney Experience website or app.
10. Are there vegetarian/vegan options available?
Disney World offers a wide range of dining options, including vegetarian and vegan choices. Most restaurants can accommodate dietary restrictions.
11. Is there a dress code for Disney World?
While there is no strict dress code, it is recommended to dress comfortably and adhere to Disney’s policy on appropriate attire.
12. Can I use my phone for navigation in the parks?
Yes, Disney World has free Wi-Fi available throughout the parks, allowing you to use your phone for navigation and accessing the My Disney Experience app.
13. How can I avoid long wait times for popular rides?
Arriving early, utilizing FastPasses, and visiting during off-peak times can help reduce wait times for popular rides.
14. Can I visit all four parks in one day?
It is challenging to visit all four parks in one day and fully enjoy each one. It is recommended to allocate at least one day for each park.
In conclusion, watching these Disney movies and shows before your trip to Disney World will help you fully immerse yourself in the magical experience awaiting you. Additionally, being aware of these unique facts and having answers to common questions will ensure you have a smooth and unforgettable visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.