Where Was the Texas OU Game Played?
The Texas OU game, also known as the Red River Showdown, is one of the most highly anticipated college football games of the year. This intense rivalry between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners has been a staple in college football since 1900. The game is played annually at the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, Texas.
The Cotton Bowl Stadium, located in Fair Park, has been the home of the Texas OU game since 1929. This historic venue has witnessed countless memorable moments and fierce battles between the two teams. The stadium has a seating capacity of over 92,000, making it one of the largest college football stadiums in the country.
The Texas OU game is traditionally played during the second weekend of the Texas State Fair, which takes place in Fair Park. This adds an extra layer of excitement to the matchup, as fans from both teams gather to experience the fair’s festivities before and after the game. The Cotton Bowl Stadium is conveniently located within walking distance of the fairgrounds, allowing fans to enjoy the fair’s attractions before heading to the game.
1. When was the first Texas OU game played?
The first Texas OU game was played on October 10, 1900.
2. How many times have Texas and Oklahoma played each other in the Red River Showdown?
As of 2021, Texas and Oklahoma have played each other 116 times in the Red River Showdown.
3. Who has won more games in the Texas OU rivalry?
Oklahoma currently holds the edge in the series, with 63 wins compared to Texas’ 49 wins and 5 ties.
4. Is the Texas OU game always played at the Cotton Bowl Stadium?
Yes, the game has been played at the Cotton Bowl Stadium since 1929.
5. How do I get tickets to the Texas OU game?
Tickets to the Texas OU game can be purchased through the official websites of both schools or through authorized ticket vendors.
6. How much do tickets to the Texas OU game cost?
Ticket prices vary depending on seating location and demand. Prices can range from around $100 to several hundred dollars.
7. Can I tailgate before the Texas OU game?
Yes, tailgating is allowed in designated areas around the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
8. Are there any pre-game events or festivities?
Yes, there are pre-game events and festivities held at Fair Park, including live music, food vendors, and fan activities.
9. How long does the Texas OU game typically last?
The game usually lasts around three to four hours, including halftime.
10. Are there any special traditions associated with the Texas OU game?
Yes, one of the most iconic traditions is the “Golden Hat” trophy, which is awarded to the winning team. The trophy is a gold cowboy hat mounted on a wooden base.
11. Can I bring outside food or drinks into the Cotton Bowl Stadium?
Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the stadium, but there are concessions available for purchase.
12. Can I bring a bag or backpack into the Cotton Bowl Stadium?
Bags and backpacks are subject to a security search, and there are specific size restrictions. It is recommended to check the stadium’s guidelines before attending the game.
13. Is the Cotton Bowl Stadium accessible for individuals with disabilities?
Yes, the stadium provides accessible seating and facilities for individuals with disabilities. It is advised to contact the stadium in advance to make necessary arrangements.
14. What is the official capacity of the Cotton Bowl Stadium?
The official capacity of the Cotton Bowl Stadium is 92,100, but it can be expanded to accommodate larger crowds for special events.
In conclusion, the Texas OU game is played at the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, Texas. This annual showdown between the Longhorns and Sooners is a highlight of the college football season and attracts fans from all over the country. With its rich history and exciting atmosphere, the Texas OU game at the Cotton Bowl Stadium is an experience like no other.