Will the Who Was Show Have a Season 2?
The Who Was Show, based on the popular book series “Who Was?” by Penguin Random House, has quickly become a hit among both children and adults alike. The show, which premiered on Netflix on May 11, 2018, takes historical figures and brings them to life in a fun and educational way. With its unique blend of comedy, animation, and live-action, the show has captivated audiences and left them eagerly waiting for a potential second season.
While the first season consisted of only 13 episodes, fans have been eagerly speculating whether the show will continue with a Season 2. Unfortunately, as of now, there has been no official confirmation from Netflix or the show’s creators regarding a second season. However, there are several reasons to remain hopeful.
Firstly, the show has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from viewers. Praised for its entertaining and educational content, the Who Was Show has managed to strike a chord with both children and adults. This positive reception could potentially motivate Netflix to greenlight a second season.
Furthermore, the show’s popularity has been evident on social media platforms, where fans have expressed their love for the series and their desire for more episodes. The hashtag #WhoWasShow has been trending on Twitter, with fans sharing their favorite moments and characters from the show. This online buzz could potentially catch the attention of Netflix and influence their decision to renew the series.
Additionally, the Who Was Show has a vast library of historical figures to explore. With over 150 books in the “Who Was?” series, there is an abundance of material to draw from for future episodes. Each episode focuses on a different historical figure, ensuring that the show can continue to introduce new characters and stories in a potential second season.
Five Unique Facts about the Who Was Show:
1. The show employs a unique combination of animation and live-action. While the historical figures are brought to life through animated segments, there are also live-action skits featuring a fictional character named Ron, who interacts with the animated characters.
2. The show’s animated segments are created by Titmouse Animation, an animation studio known for its work on popular shows like “Big Mouth” and “Star Trek: Lower Decks.” Their expertise in animation adds depth and visual appeal to the show.
3. The Who Was Show features a talented cast of voice actors, including H. Jon Benjamin, who voices Ron, the fictional character. Benjamin is best known for his roles in animated series like “Archer” and “Bob’s Burgers.”
4. The show’s creators, Brian McCann and Michael Ouweleen, have an extensive background in comedy. McCann has written for “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” while Ouweleen has worked on shows like “Space Ghost Coast to Coast” and “Aqua Teen Hunger Force.” Their comedic expertise shines through in the show’s humor.
5. The Who Was Show has received multiple award nominations, including a Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing in a Children’s, Preschool Children’s, Family Viewing Program.
Now, let’s address some common questions about the show:
1. How many episodes are in Season 1 of the Who Was Show?
Season 1 consists of 13 episodes.
2. Is the show suitable for all ages?
Yes, the show is designed to entertain and educate both children and adults.
3. Are the episodes historically accurate?
While the show takes creative liberties for comedic purposes, it strives to provide accurate information about the historical figures.
4. Will there be a Season 2 of the Who Was Show?
As of now, there has been no official confirmation regarding a second season.
5. Where can I watch the Who Was Show?
The show is available for streaming on Netflix.
6. Can I watch the show outside the United States?
Yes, the Who Was Show is available for international viewers on Netflix.
7. How long is each episode?
Each episode of the show has a runtime of approximately 23 minutes.
8. Can I find the Who Was Show on DVD?
As of now, the show is only available for streaming on Netflix.
9. Are there any plans for spin-offs or related shows?
There have been no announcements regarding spin-offs or related shows.
10. Are there plans for a Who Was movie?
There have been no official announcements regarding a movie adaptation of the Who Was series.
11. Can I read the books that inspired the show?
Yes, the “Who Was?” book series is widely available for purchase online and in bookstores.
12. Does the show cover figures from all time periods?
Yes, the show features historical figures from various time periods and cultures.
13. Is the show only focused on American historical figures?
No, the show covers historical figures from around the world, not limited to American history.
14. Are there educational resources available to accompany the show?
Yes, Penguin Random House provides educational resources, including activity kits and lesson plans, to supplement the show’s content.
In conclusion, while there is no official confirmation regarding a second season of the Who Was Show, the positive reception, social media buzz, and abundant material from the book series make it a strong contender for renewal. Fans will have to wait for official announcements to know for sure, but in the meantime, they can enjoy the first season’s entertaining and educational episodes.